Hi Guest,

In our efforts to raise funds for USF Football, the site is giving away a football season full of ad-free surfing at The Bulls Pen.

Would you consider buying a ticket or two to the raffle that will award this to you or a fellow member of the board?

Each ticket purchase goes directly to our effort to raise $10K in "fan money" for the program.  Below is the link:

The Bulls Pen Ad-free Raffle in support of USF Football

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• November 16, 7:00 p.m., TV: CBSSN  
      1 2 3 4 Total
    Cincinnati 0 0 0 0 00
    Bulls 0 0 0 0 00

Prediction Contest -  Roster - Game DayDepth Chart - Game Notes - Stats

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
brybull1970

AAC Expansion Candidates and Recommendation

6 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Every time I've seen Tulsa in home games on TV, which admittedly isn't very often, the stadium looks **** near empty. Hard to believe they are reaching the 15K attendance minimum required to stay in the FBS. That would justify booting them from the conference.....

They were last in AAC attendance last year with just over 17k per game, and 1 of 3 schools that averaged less than 20k (Tulane and SMU). Throw in UConn at 20k and everyone else in the conference averaged 28k or higher.

8 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Stay at 11 and do a round robin so you can get a conference championship.

It wins on every level.

1. Extra $700,000 per team per year.

2. Fewer OOC games sticks it to the P5 by removing their highest SoS OOC opponents. A few years of CUSA games and their fans will be demanding they meet AAC demands to join the P5.

3. Every year we get games against fan favorites Tulane and Tulsa and deepen those already heated rivalries.

I think this is dangerous for a couple if reasons:

• This would leave conference members with only 2 non-conference games and potentially hurt SOS if they are unable to schedule anyone reasonable, which puts the NY6 game at risk
  • To your second point, there is already talk among P5 conferences to schedule more P5 games - this type of move would further isolate the conference as the P5 would happily schedule someone else (I really doubt P5 fans would care if their school scheduled FAU instead of USF)

8 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Every time I've seen Tulsa in home games on TV, which admittedly isn't very often, the stadium looks **** near empty. Hard to believe they are reaching the 15K attendance minimum required to stay in the FBS. That would justify booting them from the conference.....

Book cooking.

9 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

47 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Book cooking.

And those are Reported numbers.  

I can't wait for the AAC having a two day session where we make the applicant schools give a dog and pony show then very publicly choose not to expand.

On 6/29/2019 at 7:45 AM, Grateful Dad said:

That would send a tsunami throughout the college football world the likes of which sports have rarely seen.

And I haven't seen many of your posts lately.  If you've been gone, glad to see you back.

Thanks! Life has been hectic, but fun!

On 6/29/2019 at 6:56 AM, Joe said:

Everyone who is saying stay at 11. It would require the NCAA to reverse course on their ACC decision in 2004 and their Big 12 decision of 2015.

The ACC petitioned for a championship game with 11 teams. It was denied, so they added BC. The Big 12 went and did the same it was granted solely because they played a round robin.

So. Either we keep UConn in football, add a team, play 10 conference games a year, or axe the championship game.

https://www.google.com/search?q=11+team+single+elimination+bracket&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=6mlWhbXMYcJp4M%3A%2CXAvGon-CPnraUM%2C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kTMpuQFWVpMOAx7AAMBzSMz64c38g&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj9--b0qpTjAhXRtlkKHbmxAsUQ9QEwBXoECAcQDg#imgrc=6mlWhbXMYcJp4M:

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

They were last in AAC attendance last year with just over 17k per game, and 1 of 3 schools that averaged less than 20k (Tulane and SMU). Throw in UConn at 20k and everyone else in the conference averaged 28k or higher.

Check out the 37 second mark....keep in mind that the stadium has a 30K capacity. Looks like well under 10k to me. To be fair though, they were 2-9 at this point, but the crowd size looked almost the same when we played them early in the season...

Edited by USFBulls727

37 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Check out the 37 second mark....keep in mind that the stadium has a 30K capacity. Looks like well under 10k to me. To be fair though, they were 2-9 at this point, but the crowd size looked almost the same when we played them early in the season...

Late arriving crowd?  Like 2022 maybe?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

Late arriving crowd?  Like 2022 maybe?

Fast forward to any point in that game, it looks the same. I'd love to see the actual attendance for their games. It resembles FIU, who is struggling to remain in the FBS due to attendance issues last I heard. Tulsa is lucky to be in the conference they're in...