• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Report: Uconn leaving for Big East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Blackice12 said:

It would be a bad idea to try and replace UConn with another tram from the northeast. I recommend look at the sun belt or conference USA. Georgia Southern, Appalachian State or UAB. Having team play just football or just basketball does not benefit the conference

All of those programs are trash and would cost us $700k. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,174
  • Days Won:  12

I see all the talk about the BIG12 scooping us up and why wouldn't they with all the National championships USF has? And boy, why would anyone consider a CUSA or SunBelt team, I mean, they are all trash compared to USF and all our conference championships in football that are stuffed into our trophy case.  I mean,  jeez why are we even in the AAC? We have such a better athletic department then everyone in the ACC, it's virtually impossible for USF to lose in any sport. What a great idea it would be to go independent! We'd probably get to play Alabama, USC, Notre Dame, BYU  and Clemson every year! Good riddance to UConn! I hated them losing to us in baseball, soccer and every other sport every year. Probably we should just allow UF, FSU,  and Miami to join us in a Florida only conference. What a win it would be for them! 

Get effin real. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

We should add Boise and San Diego State... that's a slam dunk, right? 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, cophbulls said:

I see all the talk about the BIG12 scooping us up and why wouldn't they with all the National championships USF has? And boy, why would anyone consider a CUSA or SunBelt team, I mean, they are all trash compared to USF and all our conference championships in football that are stuffed into our trophy case.  I mean,  jeez why are we even in the AAC? We have such a better athletic department then everyone in the ACC, it's virtually impossible for USF to lose in any sport. What a great idea it would be to go independent! We'd probably get to play Alabama, USC, Notre Dame, BYU  and Clemson every year! Good riddance to UConn! I hated them losing to us in baseball, soccer and every other sport every year. Probably we should just allow UF, FSU,  and Miami to join us in a Florida only conference. What a win it would be for them! 

Get effin real. 

I think someone is upset because the Rays are moving to Montreal... 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

ESPN already got a discount because there was no GOR signed by member schools.  There would be no reason to renegotiate they can elf themselves IMO.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

I agree opportunity to go mountain time. Boise and Air Force all sports plus Army football only. BYU too many issues. Having all 3 academies would be a big deal me thinks.

Any of these would be nice. I think FAU might be in the mix as well....

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

10 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Any of these would be nice. I think FAU might be in the mix as well....

FAU is garbage, the theme is keep the money and F them all, a page out of the big 12 book.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Not saying I want them, but they seem to be investing pretty heavily in their football program. Not that it's that big a deal, but they will probably beat us to an IPF. I have a feeling they will be interested. Not sure the AAC will though.

http://faufocus.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2018/04/18/florida-atlantic-teases-new-athletic-facility-potential-logo-change-in-new-video/

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

Even with their OCS and potential IPF they are still a POS IMO and The AAC has no interest in sharing with a bottom feeder, already have a few, if they do we will riot in the streets, or at very least be disappointed.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,972
  • Days Won:  469

42 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

FAU is garbage, the theme is keep the money and F them all, a page out of the big 12 book.

That was the USF theme with UCF, and that soon wilted.  @puc86 

• Upvote 1