Site News
  • TBP Ticker

Hi Guest,

In our efforts to raise funds for USF Football, the site is giving away a football season full of ad-free surfing at The Bulls Pen.

Would you consider buying a ticket or two to the raffle that will award this to you or a fellow member of the board?

Each ticket purchase goes directly to our effort to raise $10K in "fan money" for the program.  Below is the link:

The Bulls Pen Ad-free Raffle in support of USF Football

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• October 19, 3:30 p.m., TV: CBSSN  
      1 2 3 4 Total
    Bulls 0 0 0 0 00
    Navy 0 0 0 0 00

Prediction Contest - Game DayRoster - Depth Chart - Game Notes - Stats 

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
ForestBull

Report: Uconn leaving for Big East

43 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Well, there is the distinct possibility of not being able to plan a 1 for 1 to coincide with the years UConn was supposed to come here and you may have to pay someone.  Just saying that $750k is nice but won't get an IPF built any time soon.

Highly unlikely...worse case you play a C-USA team or Sun Belt...might get a 2 for 1 with some of the low end programs in that bunch

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BullyPulpit said:

That is incorrect. The automatic spot in the NY6 to the G5 conferences goes to the highest ranked conference champion out of the G5. What Aresco proposed (top 2 teams, no divisions) would would make the most sense for the AAC given the current landscape. 

Ohhhhhhh.  Well then...I guess I do agree with changing how the championship teams are chosen.  I still think it's kinda lame but it definitely is best for the conference.

Edited by Ghostbuster

7 minutes ago, 86atlbull said:

Meh, Connecticut basketball fans being unhappy in the AAC seems pretty similar to USF football fans being unhappy in the AAC (to me at least). At least Connecticut was an original member of the Big East. If that's really where they want to be God bless em.

I miss the real Big East, not the bastardized version of it that eventually broke up in 2012. The current Big East is unimpressive to me but still had 4 tournament teams (same as AAC but AAC won more games) and I think 5 NIT teams (AAC had 2).

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Well, there is the distinct possibility of not being able to plan a 1 for 1 to coincide with the years UConn was supposed to come here and you may have to pay someone.  Just saying that $750k is nice but won't get an IPF built any time soon.

I'd imagine we'd just have a different conference opponent.

11 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

LOL I totally forgot about Houston & SMU. that's how much I love this conference.

Truly.  

The more I ponder the issue, I wonder if Boise State's deal with the MWC could ultimately lead to them wanting to join the AAC. As it stands, BSU makes about $3 million annually, while the rest of the MWC teams make only $1.1 million. In a desperate attempt to keep the conference in tact the last time the winds of expansion were blowing, the MWC allowed BSU to retain exclusive rights to its home football games in PERPETUITY! BSU and their 4 conference road games add very little value to the MWC contract, which many predict won't net much more than the current TV deal.

I don't know that BSU will see a bump in the asking price for their 6 home games per year. Would BSU be willing to bring just their football program to the AAC in exchange for $4 million annually? They could have the rest of their sports remain in the MWC or move them to the WAC. In that scenario, the AAC nabs the best G5 program available and each conference team still makes an extra $300,000 annually out of the deal.

For competitive balance you move Navy from the West to the East and BSU takes their place in the West. You would have BSU, Houston, Memphis and SMU/Tulane competing at the top of the West and UCF, USF, Cincy, and Temple at the top of the East.  I could get behind that setup. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

Meh, Connecticut basketball fans being unhappy in the AAC seems pretty similar to USF football fans being unhappy in the AAC (to me at least). At least Connecticut was an original member of the Big East. If that's really where they want to be God bless em.

I miss the real Big East, not the bastardized version of it that eventually broke up in 2012. The current Big East is unimpressive to me but still had 4 tournament teams (same as AAC but AAC won more games) and I think 5 NIT teams (AAC had 2).

You mean the one pre USF that had Miami and Boston College?  That Big East?  Or the one that was pre Miami and Boston College?  That one?

14 hours ago, 86atlbull said:

I love that in reason #3 he puts this:

There’s also the not insignificant fact that no one watches Big East basketball on TV. Except for Villanova, the games get test pattern ratings. We’re talking five-digit viewership.

Not many people on here remember test patterns.  For you youngsters, TV programming wasn't 24 hours/day.  At the end of the broadcast day the networks (only 3) put a test pattern up until the next morning.