Hi Guest,

Just a note to point out our TBP-initiated drive to raise funds for the Bulls Football IPF - doing our share, and more.  Please consider donating at least $23 to the effort, and passing on to others as well.  You can read more about the project at the link above.  

ipfrenderinside.jpg

Go Bulls!

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
ForestBull

Report: Uconn leaving for Big East

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Competed and won at the highest level.  Defeated nunmerous ranked teams home and away.  **** a useless conference title.

This is true. They've never beaten the likes of Auburn, Notre Dame, WVU, a top 25 Kansas...etc...but it's been awhile since we've done anything like that, or have been relevant in any way. I don't think there's a lot separating us from them right now, unfortunately.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

There isn’t any energy wasted on USF’s part to seeing the AAC expand by grabbing the best of the G5. This step would be part of the process to truly position the AAC as part of the P6 and not just some catchy moniker to put on a sideline marker.

Hope is not a strategy.

This.  Until we are not in the AAC we need to see the AAC do well at the expense of other G5 conferences.  Replace UConn with a team that can do better than last in FBS and you help the brand.  Take from the conference's nearest competitor and you widen the gap between the AAC and the rest.

Edited by Ghostbuster
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NYCbull said:

Besides money.. this conference is already pretty close to the big 12 footballwise.

I'm not sure you'll find much evidence supporting that ....

49 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

To me a conf champ without divisions is lipstick on a pig.  You're more likely to have weird cases, like that 3 way tie I mentioned, that have to be resolved by SoS and rankings, to determine who plays in the champ game.  And I just feel the only way this conference can be respected less is by having a champ determined in part by that.  But that's more opinion and speculation...

To me, if it's a conf where every team plays each other and the top 2 (however determined) play for the championship, it's a lot cleaner way to do it ...... but that'd be only realistically doable with no more than a 10 team conference.

1 hour ago, Ghostbuster said:

I haven't read his comments about that.  You got a link?

The conference put it to a vote and it failed. 

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:52 AM, brybull1970 said:

With UConn reportedly leaving the American Athletic Conference, its time for Aresco to take the bold step of raiding the Mountain West Conference to kill of its closest G5 competition. If you really want to be part of the "P6", this move would ensure that the delta between the AAC and the P5 is smaller than the delta between the AAC and the rest of the G5.

Its time to go bring in Boise State, San Diego, State, Air Force, Colorado State and lure BYU, then form a new conference leaving the leftovers of both conferences behind. My proposal would be to split into two, seven team divisions for football and a single division for basketball. Navy would continue as a football only member and Wichita State as a non-football member.

Football (8 conference games)

• 6 conference games against divisional opponents (3 home, 3 away) playing each team in your division at home once every 2 years
  • 2 conference games against cross-divisional opponents (1 home, 1 away) playing each team in the other division once every 3 years, and once at home every 6 years
  • Conference championship would be held at the site of the school with the best conference record

Basketball (16 conference games)

• 10 conference games against 10 opponents (5 home, 5 away)
  • 6 conference games against 3 opponents (3 home, 3 away)

179853687_AAC.MWCConferenceMerger2020.thumb.jpg.e6e08ab6d683502f8d7c2df4fd87b04e.jpg

This would be the best possible scenario, rather than waiting to be picked in a conference expansion that may never happen for us. 

5 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

This is a great point.  Even though our TV deal is bigger, don't think the top of the MWC isn't talking about how to make them stronger and raid the AAC.  They could agree in force not to leave the conference for the AAC, even though that's probably illegal.

If this happened, the AAC would be crippled with leftovers including USF, UCF, Temple, Cincinnati, ECU, Navy, Tulane and Wichita State.

UConn fans think that they are going back to the old Big East, but they aren’t - that conference is gone. Creighton and Xavier aren’t Louisville, Syracuse, Notre Dame, West Virginia and Pittsburgh. Now they have taken the worst football program in the FBS and given up on it.

12 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

If this happened, the AAC would be crippled with leftovers including USF, UCF, Temple, Cincinnati, ECU, Navy, Tulane and Wichita State.

Not sure why an AAC team  would want to pay an exit fee to join a conference with lesser TV deal and lesser bowl tie-ins, can’t make an argument they would be better in the other sports as well, it is illogical.