• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

The Montreal-Tampa Bay Rays.

Guest Jonesy Bull

There is a news conference on Tuesday spelling out the details of the plan. 

What a cluster____.  I still can't figure out if this is the start of an exit plan to move the team out of town, or a ploy to get the Tampa Bay community to rally around getting a stadium built for the long term......I just can't see this Montreal split plan coming to fruition. 

I'm leaning towards this is the start of having their big toe out the door and this team leaving for good.  It would be a shame, but the community will survive without Baseball if that's the case.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Press conference today pretty much sealed the fate of baseball leaving the Tampa Bay area. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I'm at the point where I don't care.  I'll just go back to rooting for my childhood team, the Astros.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

The country is running out of cities dumb enough to fund a $1 billion stadium. I'd put the chances of getting St. Pete and Montreal to each buy a $500 million stadium at about 0% as well.

4 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I'm at the point where I don't care.  I'll just go back to rooting for my childhood team, the Astros.

Yeah, I think I'm a Braves fan now. 

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

The country is running out of cities dumb enough to fund a $1 billion stadium. I'd put the chances of getting St. Pete and Montreal to each buy a $500 million stadium at about 0% as well.

I think the overall sentiment I have seen on Twitter is Tampa Bay fans aren't gonna support this and he really doesn't want them too. 

Just now, BrassBulls12 said:

I think the overall sentiment I have seen on Twitter is Tampa Bay fans aren't gonna support this and he really doesn't want them too. 

That leads to the next question...what city does he think is going to buy him the new stadium? Charlotte, Portland, or Vegas?

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

That leads to the next question...what city does he think is going to buy him the new stadium? Charlotte, Portland, or Vegas?

It almost sounds like he has some backdoor deals in Montreal already. I didn't hear all of the press conference but he was sure they are so into them being there that they will travel from Montreal to support them while they are in Tampa. Really hyped them up as a fan base. 

Just now, BrassBulls12 said:

It almost sounds like he has some backdoor deals in Montreal already. I didn't hear all of the press conference but he was sure they are so into them being there that they will travel from Montreal to support them while they are in Tampa. Really hyped them up as a fan base. 

I don't buy it. Montreal had worse attendance than we do when they were the Expos. But, attendance is only a problem once you have the stadium and the team.

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

I don't buy it. Montreal had worse attendance than we do when they were the Expos. But, attendance is only a problem once you have the stadium and the team.

I don't think it will work there either. The honeymoon stage will wear off fast.