• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Gear Closeout Sale

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

17 hours ago, puc86 said:

They seemed to have a large crowd and blew thru items; it may not have been super convenient for some but it didn’t appear to stop sales.

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Maybe so, but still pretty tone deaf.

Pretty sure they didn't need anyone to tell them they'd get a bigger turnout on a weekend. Whatever drove the date decision wasn't based on maximizing attendance ...... In one of those rare moments of enlightenment, puc appears correct.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Then it was a missed opportunity.

Last I heard it all sold out...

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

28 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Pretty sure they didn't need anyone to tell them they'd get a bigger turnout on a weekend. Whatever drove the date decision wasn't based on maximizing attendance ...... In one of those rare moments of enlightenment, puc appears correct.

Or as I like to refer to it , “always”.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Do they offer anything with extra crotch room?

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  2,441
  • Days Won:  19

23 hours ago, Triple B said:

I want to mention one thing too. When I worked for Athletics, there were so many nights and weekend work requirements. Yes I loved what I did, and my wife is amazing, but it really makes it tough to have a normal life from middle of August to March (and later if you have responsibilities with baseball and softball). There are events during the summer too. 

At that merchandise sale, there must have been at least 25 athletics staff members working. Giving up nights and weekends is part of their life very often. I can't speak to current policies, but it wasn't like games and events replaced time during the normal M-F 8AM-5PM work week, they were always in addition. (and this is not a complaint, I enjoyed working there with great people, but there were certainly times that we all would cringe when a night or weekend work requirement would be expected that I thought was unnecessary)

If the total quantity of gear we had to sell was such that it could all sell out on a weekday, daytime sale, then I applaud the person with the wisdom to schedule that event during that time. Having the sale at night or on the weekend may have doubled the turnout, but it wouldn't have resulted in more sales. It also may have left more people leaving disappointed that the selection was so poor when they got to see the items. 

I understand that many events have to be nights and weekends, and it is part of the life of working there, but if an event sold out everything on a weekday, then weekday was the right call. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,744
  • Content Count:  17,374
  • Days Won:  13

1 minute ago, Mike Stuben said:

I want to mention one thing too. When I worked for Athletics, there were so many nights and weekend work requirements. Yes I loved what I did, and my wife is amazing, but it really makes it tough to have a normal life from middle of August to March (and later if you have responsibilities with baseball and softball). There are events during the summer too. 

At that merchandise sale, there must have been at least 25 athletics staff members working. Giving up nights and weekends is part of their life very often. I can't speak to current policies, but it wasn't like games and events replaced time during the normal M-F 8AM-5PM work week, they were always in addition. (and this is not a complaint, I enjoyed working there with great people, but there were certainly times that we all would cringe when a night or weekend work requirement would be expected that I thought was unnecessary)

If the total quantity of gear we had to sell was such that it could all sell out on a weekday, daytime sale, then I applaud the person with the wisdom to schedule that event during that time. Having the sale at night or on the weekend may have doubled the turnout, but it wouldn't have resulted in more sales. It also may have left more people leaving disappointed that the selection was so poor when they got to see the items. 

I understand that many events have to be nights and weekends, and it is part of the life of working there, but if an event sold out everything on a weekday, then weekday was the right call. 

Agreed 100%, hopefully this year it is done at fanfest, but that wasn't an option last year with the UA contract expiring.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

27 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

25 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Agreed 100%, hopefully this year it is done at fanfest, but that wasn't an option last year with the UA contract expiring.

Also agree, but you're going to have people complaining no matter how they organize it.

• Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

13 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Also agree, but you're going to have people complaining no matter how they organize it.

Or if they don't organize it at all.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

We don’t even know if it’s happening this year. I couldn’t have cared less how it was organized because we got access to a lot of gear that most schools don’t allow access to. I tried reaching out to USF but never got a response. 

• Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

22 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

We don’t even know if it’s happening this year. I couldn’t have cared less how it was organized because we got access to a lot of gear that most schools don’t allow access to. I tried reaching out to USF but never got a response. 

Judy's last week. She gave up answering emails about athletic wear.