• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Adds Bethune-Cookman & FAMU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  56

On 6/20/2019 at 11:45 AM, usf97 said:

I was always curious as to why we had never played Bethune Cookman before. Seems like an obvious FCS opponent. We always liked some Elon and Charleston Southern for some reason. 

Lots of USF connections at BCU. Take a look at their coaching staff.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

Went back and actually read the gousfbulls.com article about this and was a little saddened to see this, "The Bulls have scheduled 17 non-conference games vs. Power 6 opponents over the next 10 seasons." I guess I just haven't been paying attention but didn't realize we were drinking that Kool-Aid ....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Went back and actually read the gousfbulls.com article about this and was a little saddened to see this, "The Bulls have scheduled 17 non-conference games vs. Power 6 opponents over the next 10 seasons." I guess I just haven't been paying attention but didn't realize we were drinking that Kool-Aid ....

😂 Don’t listen to the Man...we know the real deal.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,733
  • Content Count:  37,566
  • Days Won:  29

On 6/20/2019 at 1:00 PM, BullyPulpit said:

Just saw that the games against BCC and FAMU will cost us somewhere between $425k to $475k per game. This is pretty much in line or just a slight premium more than a typical FCS game would cost us in those years. For reference, we paid Elon $400,000 for the opener last season. With some games still 7 or 8 years out, they could represent a discount over the going rate. I'm also assuming that there isn't additional consideration provided (see: hotel rooms) for the members of the marching band. If that is the case, then there is a premium being paid. My hope is that they are busing in and out the day of the game and not costing us anything additional. 

If we only sell 2,000 extra tickets because of the opponent versus a standard FCS game, we likely do better than break even. The last few seasons we have averaged around 32,000 or so for the FCS games. If we can reach 40,000 on average for these games, we will be looking at about $200,000 or so in additional revenue. Absolutely a no-brainer. 

Fiscally it is better for us to play one and done games away because we do not have the fan base. And it's a higher profile game.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

23 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Charlie needs a layup to break the 9 game losing streak we'll be on.

Now, now, it would only be eight games should we lose to Wisconsin and Georgia Tech (a distinct possibility).

• Downvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

That BCU logo is going to fool a lot of casual fans into thinking we are playing FSU!!

Brilliant marketing strategy.  Don't put the names of the teams on the schedule, just the logos.