• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Football Adds Bethune-Cookman & FAMU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 minute ago, usf97 said:

You know.....FSU would fit nicely in 2022 (Tampa) and 2023 (Tallahassee). 

vs. 2022, at 2023, at2028/29/or 30????

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

46 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I would have rather played FIU, but it's cool, we are still keeping it in Florida. Plus with these two blowouts, we will get to see some of the younger guys play. 

Me too, but attendance should be much better with FAMU and BCU

15 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

vs. 2022, at 2023, at2028/29/or 30????

Not if we can convince them to give us a home and home

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just saw that the games against BCC and FAMU will cost us somewhere between $425k to $475k per game. This is pretty much in line or just a slight premium more than a typical FCS game would cost us in those years. For reference, we paid Elon $400,000 for the opener last season. With some games still 7 or 8 years out, they could represent a discount over the going rate. I'm also assuming that there isn't additional consideration provided (see: hotel rooms) for the members of the marching band. If that is the case, then there is a premium being paid. My hope is that they are busing in and out the day of the game and not costing us anything additional. 

If we only sell 2,000 extra tickets because of the opponent versus a standard FCS game, we likely do better than break even. The last few seasons we have averaged around 32,000 or so for the FCS games. If we can reach 40,000 on average for these games, we will be looking at about $200,000 or so in additional revenue. Absolutely a no-brainer. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

24 minutes ago, usf97 said:

You know.....FSU would fit nicely in 2022 (Tampa) and 2023 (Tallahassee). 

ANd that would probably land us 2 or 3 more 4* recruits ....

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,614
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I would have rather played FIU, but it's cool, we are still keeping it in Florida. Plus with these two blowouts, we will get to see some of the younger guys play. 

F FIU.  Remember their fans cheering in their stadium opener down there when one of our LBs got knocked out.  Think the kids name started with an M.  We never need to play those low lifes again even though I know McGough's dad.  BTW, he switched from the Seahawks to the Jags in the off season.  

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Just saw that the games against BCC and FAMU will cost us somewhere between $425k to $475k per game. This is pretty much in line or just a slight premium more than a typical FCS game would cost us in those years. For reference, we paid Elon $400,000 for the opener last season. With some games still 7 or 8 years out, they could represent a discount over the going rate. I'm also assuming that there isn't additional consideration provided (see: hotel rooms) for the members of the marching band. If that is the case, then there is a premium being paid. My hope is that they are busing in and out the day of the game and not costing us anything additional. 

If we only sell 2,000 extra tickets because of the opponent versus a standard FCS game, we likely do better than break even. The last few seasons we have averaged around 32,000 or so for the FCS games. If we can reach 40,000 on average for these games, we will be looking at about $200,000 or so in additional revenue. Absolutely a no-brainer. 

With D1 schools they usually spend the night before in the other city.  Heck, our guys stay in a hotel the night before a home game.  Remember in L'ville their team stayed at our hotel the night before the game.  Don't know what the lower tier teams do.

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

F FIU.  Remember their fans cheering in their stadium opener down there when one of our LBs got knocked out.  Think the kids name started with an M.  We never need to play those low lifes again even though I know McGough's dad.  BTW, he switched from the Seahawks to the Jags in the off season.  

That's even a better reason to play them and spank them on the field. I'm sure Kerwin Bell would be glad to run up the score. 

Just now, Gatorbull325 said:

That's even a better reason to play them and spank them on the field. I'm sure Kerwin Bell would be glad to run up the score. 

That's a legit thought but think I'd pass on them.  And FAU bailed on a game so they are out also.  If we're doing in-state how about Admiral Farragut?  😀

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

29 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

That's a legit thought but think I'd pass on them.  And FAU bailed on a game so they are out also.  If we're doing in-state how about Admiral Farragut?  😀

Hell truth be told I still want revenge on Mcneese state. especially now that Gilbert is the coach! 

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  5,263
  • Days Won:  10

14 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Hell truth be told I still want revenge on Mcneese state. especially now that Gilbert is the coach! 

Nice!  I wonder what his offense will consist of?

• Haha 1