• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JaJuan Cherry in transfer portal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

Two week after initially learning that USF Football running back JaJuan Cherry was in the NCAA Transfer Portal, The Daily Stampede has learned from a source with direct knowledge of the situation, that “as of right now” Cherry is back with the team and participating in off-season workouts.

The same day redshirt quarterback Octavious Battle announced that he would be transferring from the school, we noticed a new name in the 247sports Transfer Portal in JaJuan Cherry.

The former 2018 three-star from Okeechobee switched positions from safety to running back before spring practice and showed some promise at his new position. He injured his shoulder at the open practice in Clearwater, just a week before the spring game, which he missed as well. The Daily Stampede was told that Cherry will stay at running back.

It is unknown if Cherry remains in the transfer portal at this time.

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2019/6/14/18678731/after-flirtation-transfer-portal-usf-football-running-back-jajuan-cherry-back-with-team-247sports

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649

6 hours ago, ForestBull said:

Who's boy?? Not even Gilbert's mom will admit he is her boy

I played college baseball with the new coach at Alabama State...I'll reach out to him!!!

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Someone needs to show Solomon the Gunsby mugshot 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

"I'm done with football"....have a feeling many thought that after watching Gilberts offense. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Would have loved to see him one last year, speed and physical talent. I don’t want to read about a Gunsby failure, however kids will be kids

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993

16 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Would have loved to see him one last year, speed and physical talent. I don’t want to read about a Gunsby failure, however kids will be kids

I don't blame him if he didn't want to dedicate another year of his life to lace them up for Alabama State.  Kid is done with football and now not going to waste the next three years realizing football is done with him. 

I hope he is in the right place to finish a degree up.  Some consistency issues, seemingly some other things, but I don't see that he deserves comparison to Gunsby.  

28 minutes ago, slowdown said:

I don't blame him if he didn't want to dedicate another year of his life to lace them up for Alabama State.  Kid is done with football and now not going to waste the next three years realizing football is done with him. 

I hope he is in the right place to finish a degree up.  Some consistency issues, seemingly some other things, but I don't see that he deserves comparison to Gunsby.  

Based on his track record the odds of him getting a four year degree are long.