• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JaJuan Cherry in transfer portal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

Jajuan cherry just entered the transfer portal. Not sure why. He has 2 seniors and 1 junior walk on ahead of him on the depth chart.  I know people downplay when i say they are scared of the incoming recruits, but I truly think every year CCS has been improving the talent coming in. I think 2020 will be our highest ranked recruiting class since our Big east days.  Since most of us are bored and need something football related to talk about, here is the full list of our most recent transfers.  By the way, ya boy Gilbert snagged Elijah Mack from the portal. Alabama State has snagged a few of our players. There are 7 players who still need a place to go to. 

https://247sports.com/college/south-florida/Season/2019-Football/TransferPortal/

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The fact that our portal players are going to Alabama State or still have not found a home is all you need to know...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The fact that our portal players are going to Alabama State or still have not found a home is all you need to know...

The only player that surprisingly haven't found a new home is Saloman. I think his checkered past is catching up to him. The only reason USF was able to land him is that he got into legal trouble on a recruiting visit to Georgia and the top power 5 schools wanted  nothing to do with him anymore. Jajuan Cherry and Battles should be able to find a decent spot. but I think he players that went to div 2 simply wanted to play right away more so than not having other options. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Wish him well... but with the emergence of the Walk-on Seriki (who may turn out to be quite the find) he was the odd man out.  He didn't fit at Safety so they moved him to RB.  That didn't go as well as planned as he seemed to be behind Seriki and Smalls... meaning he was 6th man in the RB rotation (behind 2 walk-ons).  Can see how he may want to explore other avenues. 

Just now, Calibull said:

Wish him well... but with the emergence of the Walk-on Seriki (who may turn out to be quite the find) he was the odd man out.  He didn't fit at Safety so they moved him to RB.  That didn't go as well as planned as he seemed to be behind Seriki and Smalls... meaning he was 6th man in the RB rotation (behind 2 walk-ons).  Can see how he may want to explore other avenues. 

Besides Serki, who was the other walk on?  He is only a redshirt freshman and I feel he pulled the plug waaay to early. Cronkite and Sands are both Seniors, Serki is a Junior. I'm not sold on Smalls being that great of a RB.  With ford at receiver, he really didnt have much competition. The only RB coming in this year was Josh berry and I think he is coming off a season ending injury. 

4 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Besides Serki, who was the other walk on?  He is only a redshirt freshman and I feel he pulled the plug waaay to early. Cronkite and Sands are both Seniors, Serki is a Junior. I'm not sold on Smalls being that great of a RB.  With ford at receiver, he really didnt have much competition. The only RB coming in this year was Josh berry and I think he is coming off a season ending injury. 

Smalls wasn't a walk-on?  And I am not going by what I think, I'm just looking at who's running with the 1's, 2's, and 3's etc.  I think Cherry was last rb in during the scrimmage, made the fewest plays and got the fewest touches.  I'm not really concerned about being sold on someone for this one.  He also may not have wanted to play RB.

Edited by Calibull

3 hours ago, Calibull said:

Smalls wasn't a walk-on?  And I am not going by what I think, I'm just looking at who's running with the 1's, 2's, and 3's etc.  I think Cherry was last rb in during the scrimmage, made the fewest plays and got the fewest touches.  I'm not really concerned about being sold on someone for this one.  He also may not have wanted to play RB.

Even if he is at the bottom of the list, he is a redshirt freshman. Most of his competition will graduate in 1-2 years.

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Even if he is at the bottom of the list, he is a redshirt freshman. Most of his competition will graduate in 1-2 years.

Maybe he's set on being a DB

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

16 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Jajuan cherry just entered the transfer portal. Not sure why. He has 2 seniors and 1 junior walk on ahead of him on the depth chart.  I know people downplay when i say they are scared of the incoming recruits, but I truly think every year CCS has been improving the talent coming in. I think 2020 will be our highest ranked recruiting class since our Big east days.  Since most of us are bored and need something football related to talk about, here is the full list of our most recent transfers.  By the way, ya boy Gilbert snagged Elijah Mack from the portal. Alabama State has snagged a few of our players. There are 7 players who still need a place to go to. 

https://247sports.com/college/south-florida/Season/2019-Football/TransferPortal/

Who's boy?? Not even Gilbert's mom will admit he is her boy

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Calibull said:

Maybe he's set on being a DB

Good point