• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

You can do both

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

You can do both.

Time to make things happen.

USF Announces Drive For 4,000 Campaign

June 06, 2019

TAMPA, JUNE 6, 2019 – The USF Department of Athletics is launching a Drive for 4,000 campaign during the month of June with a goal to increase its Bulls Club membership to 4,000 donors.

During the 2017-18 academic year, USF Athletics consisted of 3,185 donors who graciously gave financial support to the athletic department. USF saw an increase in donor membership to 3,400 thus far this academic year and have set a goal of 4,000 members, which would be an all-time high and move USF into the top half of all universities in the American Athletic Conference. The goal of the Drive for 4,000 campaign is simple – increase the number of fans who support USF Athletics to the highest number of donors in a single year.

"We have accomplished so much thanks to the generosity of our Bulls Club members over the years, USF Vice President of Athletics Michael Kelly said. "But for us to reach even greater heights, we must expand our support base and encourage more USF alums to join the stampede. Let's all work together and move 'Bull Speed Ahead' to set a new Bulls Club membership record."

The Bulls Club is the principal fundraising arm of the USF Athletics Department. The purpose of the Bulls Club is to provide a way for alumni, family and friends of USF to help the program's talented student-athletes receive a top-tier education while pursuing their goals both on and off the field of competition. While the primary mission of the Bulls Club is to fund scholarship support for more than 400 student-athletes, the Bulls Club also raises money for capital projects, facility enhancements, endowments and sports specific giving.

By donating through the Drive for 4,000 campaign, donors are directly supporting the greatest needs of the USF Athletic Department, which can range from the $6 million scholarship commitment to our student-athletes, purchasing practice equipment and covering travel costs to help teams compete against the top competition in the country.

"We have had many successes over the years within USF Athletics," Deputy Director of Athletics/Development Lelo Prado said. "However, we have never reached 4,000 donors to the Bulls Club. This would be a great achievement that alumni, friends and fans would be very proud of."

By participating in this campaign, USF student-athletes are impacted directly and provided the opportunity to compete at the Division I level while pursuing their education at a preeminent university.

To become a donor of the Bulls Club by participating in the Drive for 4,000 campaign, click HERE, call 1-800-GOBULLS or email the Bulls Club at ath-bullclub@usf.edu.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Wonder why?  Because there are only 3K donors.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

Forwarded the email to daughter and son in law hoping they start with a donation. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,426
  • Days Won:  25

So is your Bulls Club donation still tax deductible?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

16 hours ago, BDYZR said:

I think so, I still get an envelope with information for my taxes that I pass on to our tax preparer.  But, check with your tax professional.

On 6/8/2019 at 9:06 PM, BDYZR said:

18 hours ago, Brad said:

I think so, I still get an envelope with information for my taxes that I pass on to our tax preparer.  But, check with your tax professional.

The amounts going as Seat Donations are no longer deductible.  Changed last year I believe.  So anything you donate over and above to get to whatever level your donation is would still be deductible.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  2,441
  • Days Won:  19

49 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

The amounts going as Seat Donations are no longer deductible.  Changed last year I believe.  So anything you donate over and above to get to whatever level your donation is would still be deductible.

•  

One thing I've been meaning to ask John/The Bulls Club. For USF President's Council status, do they still count the seat portion (sort of like the Bulls Club counts it for the different giving levels). 

I know it isn't the reason I give, but I get about 1 or 2 nice invites a year to President's Council events each year, and appreciate them. 

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Days Won:  19

Just watched the donor count go up by one on a successful outreach.   Wahoo!

5 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

One thing I've been meaning to ask John/The Bulls Club. For USF President's Council status, do they still count the seat portion (sort of like the Bulls Club counts it for the different giving levels). 

I know it isn't the reason I give, but I get about 1 or 2 nice invites a year to President's Council events each year, and appreciate them. 

Don't know the answer to that one. I know it counts to the Bulls Club level so if I had to guess I'd say yes to the President's Council status - but just a guess.

2 hours ago, SilverBull said:

Just watched the donor count go up by one on a successful outreach.   Wahoo!

I forwarded that email to my daughter and son-in-law. Hopefully it will go up by another one.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,303
  • Days Won:  2

So this is different than donating  to the Indoor Practice Facility? Or does it all go to the same pot?