• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Rules for Men's Basketball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

26 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

That’s why I can’t stomach the NBA.  It’s awful on it’s best day. Carries and walks are part of the game in this league.  

As for contact I get it and that part doesn’t bother me.  We play AAU at the 11U (girls) and it’s affectionally called gorilla ball.  

NBA is such trash...defense is a rarity and many of the players are such prima donnas. I could not tell you who is in the finals this year...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

NBA is such trash...defense is a rarity and many of the players are such prima donnas. I could not tell you who is in the finals this year...

I know but don’t care, at least we are not seeing steph and his old lady getting photo bombed by Madame Obama, the NBA is dying much like the Flint Tropics, put a fork in  them because they are all done.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

I know but don’t care, at least we are not seeing steph and his old lady getting photo bombed by Madame Obama, the NBA is dying much like the Flint Tropics, put a fork in  them because they are all done.

ESPN knows they way over spent on the NBA...that next contract will be interesting. 

Yes, however like Patrick Ewing said, they make more because they spend more, what will happen if they don’t make more, i hope they will be ok.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

According to someone I trust, USF has been using the new three-point line for the past four weeks during workouts.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

On 6/6/2019 at 6:45 PM, Friscobull said:

You probably also remember when you and Naismith had to stop the game to retrieve the ball out of the peach basket after every made shot.  The game has evolved a lot in your lifetime, thanks for making us feel young Cousin.  A good point that the physicality of the game is responsible making it harder to enforce the rules, don’t see this changing anytime soon.

Don't remember the peach basket but remember when common fouls were 1 shot (not possession), back court fouls were 2 shots and when a team was in the penalty you'd get 3 to make 2 or 2 to make 1. Those latter would stop the hack-a - Shaq philosophy. Those were done away with to speed up the game. But now with all the intentional fouls at the end of games I'm not so sure. 

There still may be a rule where the 2nd foul committed in the last 2 minutes of a quarter out you in the penalty regardless of total team fouls.

And while making you feel young it doesn't necessarily make me feel old. Just longing for better times.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

On 6/5/2019 at 5:35 PM, BullyPulpit said:

20 second shot clock after an offensive rebound

This qualifies as messing with the game too much.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

So if I move back the 3 point line to open the lane, mathematically that move reduces 3 point %.  Therefore, it encourages me to stay in a pack line defense - at least against most teams.  Pushing out the three point line helps my pack line.  Thanks.  

I wish they'd stop trying to dumb down the game to simple highlights.  It's seems the rules committee wants to see more club ball one on one and dunks in college and less actual offensive execution.  Reduce possession time  and force you into a three or dribble drive, at most a dive and kick out then three.  This strips the true beauty of a basketball offense - hurry up and shoot!

Does soccer have a shot clock yet?

58 minutes ago, Brad said:

So if I move back the 3 point line to open the lane, mathematically that move reduces 3 point %.  Therefore, it encourages me to stay in a pack line defense - at least against most teams.  Pushing out the three point line helps my pack line.  Thanks.  

I wish they'd stop trying to dumb down the game to simple highlights.  It's seems the rules committee wants to see more club ball one on one and dunks in college and less actual offensive execution.  Reduce possession time  and force you into a three or dribble drive, at most a dive and kick out then three.  This strips the true beauty of a basketball offense - hurry up and shoot!

Does soccer have a shot clock yet?

The irony is they are making the game more like the NBA and most of us hate the NBA.  USF used to pay the shot operator $50 per game and my buddy was good for 1-2 mistakes a game, add in this little wrinkle and the official timeouts will skyrocket.  I did think the 3 pt was too easy and agree with the decision to move it back.