Hi Guest,

Just a note to point out our TBP-initiated drive to raise funds for the Bulls Football IPF - doing our share, and more.  Please consider donating at least $23 to the effort, and passing on to others as well.  You can read more about the project at the link above.  

ipfrenderinside.jpg

Go Bulls!

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
bullsfan27

New Rules for Men's Basketball

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26905011/ncaa-moving-3-point-line-back-next-season

The main one is the 3 point line will be just over 22 feet instead of 21 feet. Also goaltending can be reviewed within the last 2 minutes and coaches may call live ball timeouts in the last 2 minutes.

One rule I'd like to see if for the men to go to 4 quarters of 10 minutes each like the ladies do and just about every other level outside college. 

Well not sure if the three point change is good or bad. 

43 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26905011/ncaa-moving-3-point-line-back-next-season

The main one is the 3 point line will be just over 22 feet instead of 21 feet. Also goaltending can be reviewed within the last 2 minutes and coaches may call live ball timeouts in the last 2 minutes.

One rule I'd like to see if for the men to go to 4 quarters of 10 minutes each like the ladies do and just about every other level outside college. 

I never realized they couldn’t call live ball tos in last 2 minutes .... and personally hope they never go to 4 quarters. 

From what I understood the players had to call the time outs.  This will allow the coaches to do so in that limited time frame.  I'm for the 4 quarters thing.  As it is now, if you have a flurry of fouls in the first 10 minutes you are doomed for the rest of the half. I like that it would be reset for the 2nd or 4th quarters.  Maybe someday.  With our lack of shooting it can only hurt our opponents  more than us.

Im old school.  Keep the tradition of 20 minute halves.

It is weird though that the womens side has different rules on that.

33 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Im old school.  Keep the tradition of 20 minute halves.

That’s it. Start messin with the halves and may as well go to a red, white and blue ball

I think the 3 pointer helps us, as it opens up the lane further and we are better in the paint than from deep. 

The rule change that may hurt us is the 20 second shot clock after an offensive rebound. We played a tempo control game at times last season, so that change potentially forces more possessions per game. 

Got to speed up the game with the 20 second shot clock on an offensive rebound for the ADDHD crowd.  

Dumb to penalize a team for doing the right thing.  Shot click should be extended 10 seconds more for an offensive rebound.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

That’s it. Start messin with the halves and may as well go to a red, white and blue ball

Jackie would have no problem with that..,

CA9772E8-73C8-47AA-BD72-2934E8DB1518.jpeg

Innocuous, but may be impactful