Hi Guest,

Just a note to point out our TBP-initiated drive to raise funds for the Bulls Football IPF - doing our share, and more.  Please consider donating at least $23 to the effort, and passing on to others as well.  You can read more about the project at the link above.  

ipfrenderinside.jpg

Go Bulls!

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
bullsmeanbusiness

Men's/Women's track and his entire staff, including CC have been dismissed

38 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Excellent point BD...the facilities for T&F are dreadful (compared to UF and FSU they are developing nation status) and this is something that was ignored when baseball/softball got upgrades. I don’t have any answers for this as all of the fundraising efforts are going toward the IPF. 

Unless something has changed, tennis facilities have to be almost as bad, if not as bad. 

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

I’m hoping that MK did his due diligence and took everything into consideration before making the moves ...... wonder what kind of leash Draper is on now. That’s got to be the 2nd, or 3rd, most disappointing area to t/f. 

I'm sure he did. I wasn't arguing the move, I was just saying that we as fans don't always know what a coach is given as resources. But the AD has all that knowledge and determines the expectations based on all the variables. 

1 hour ago, Apis Bull said:

I think you might find that it's very similar at all schools. 

I don't know about all schools, but I understand that T&F gets Title IX impacted many places. 

The biggest hurdle with staying title IX compliant is football. There simply isn't a female counterpart. Field Hockey probably comes the closest, or Lacrosse, but it is just tough to balance out the scholarships that football requires. 

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

I'm sure he did. I wasn't arguing the move, I was just saying that we as fans don't always know what a coach is given as resources. But the AD has all that knowledge and determines the expectations based on all the variables. 

Definitely knew you weren’t arguing the move. I just hope that Kelly’s investigation into the situation turned up that a coaching move was the best first move he could make, especially if those let go were good USF people   

• Like 1

Its hard to justify keeping this staff whether they are good people or not, when condistently being below average within the conference.....regardless of facilities. 

I understand this being his first move considering its probably the sport with the least amount of success.

3 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

I don't know about all schools, but I understand that T&F gets Title IX impacted many places. 

The biggest hurdle with staying title IX compliant is football. There simply isn't a female counterpart. Field Hockey probably comes the closest, or Lacrosse, but it is just tough to balance out the scholarships that football requires. 

Women’s crew balances football at several schools - specifically in the Big 10 and PAC12

A varsity boat caries 9 scholarship athletes (8 rowers plus a cox) and outfitting a single crew (boat, oars, uniforms, etc) is almost 50k

A good rowing program typically consists of a varsity boat, JV boat, lightweight boat and two freshmen boats - that is 45+ athletes 

Unfortunately, Florida is not much of a hotbed for collegiate rowing

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Women’s crew balances football at several schools - specifically in the Big 10 and PAC12

A varsity boat caries 9 scholarship athletes (8 rowers plus a cox) and outfitting a single crew (boat, oars, uniforms, etc) is almost 50k

A good rowing program typically consists of a varsity boat, JV boat, lightweight boat and two freshmen boats - that is 45+ athletes 

Unfortunately, Florida is not much of a hotbed for collegiate rowing

Doesn't UT have a pretty good rowing team?

There are a handful of collegiate crew programs in the state (including USF, which has a club program)

Given the amount of high school and club crews in the Tampa Area, I am actually surprised that USF does not have a full NCAA squad

7 hours ago, bowman1 said:

There are a handful of collegiate crew programs in the state (including USF, which has a club program)

Given the amount of high school and club crews in the Tampa Area, I am actually surprised that USF does not have a full NCAA squad

Especially with the world-class facility in Sarasota.

Posted (edited)

Correct if I am wrong, but wasn't there a fundraiser not too long ago that was trying to raise funds to help get our women's crew team to D1? I've search the interwebz but haven't been able to find it.

EDIT: 

So it's not the link to the fundraiser, but back in '16 we did announce that our women's crew team was going to be D1

https://www.dailycommercial.com/news/20161106/ncaa-womens-rowing-team-coming-to-usf-sarasota-manatee

Edited by bullsmeanbusiness
found link