• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Men's/Women's track and his entire staff, including CC have been dismissed

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

With "Florida speed" you cannot finish 7th in track and field.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

God **** right! I love the work of Mr. Kelly...a man that gets things done. Track and Field is easily our worst sport...this should have been long ago. 

• Upvote 1

We never had a chance to win the stupid trophy with ucf with the condition of our track programs:

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  19

I understand the decision. No arguments here. 

I also have been out of Athletics for a few years, but I also know that USF put Track and Field and Cross Country in a tough position to win back when i worked there. The men's team didn't get to use all of their scholarships, so that at meets they couldn't compete in all the events. The women were asked to carry 50 or so walk ons, no matter their ability, to help offset Title IX concerns of our department as a whole. I have no idea how things have changed since I left. 

Coach Bye is a good person, who was passionate about USF. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to produce results that were required of his job. 

Our Track and Field program was at a high national level, and we couldn't keep the coach: https://seminoles.com/staff/bob-braman/ 

I personally, would want to thank Coach Bye for his hard work and passion for USF over many years of service, and wish him the best. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

I also have been out of Athletics for a few years, but I also know that USF put Track and Field and Cross Country in a tough position to win back when i worked there. The men's team didn't get to use all of their scholarships, so that at meets they couldn't compete in all the events. The women were asked to carry 50 or so walk ons, no matter their ability, to help offset Title IX concerns of our department as a whole. I have no idea how things have changed since I left. 

Coach Bye is a good person, who was passionate about USF. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to produce results that were required of his job. 

Our Track and Field program was at a high national level, and we couldn't keep the coach: https://seminoles.com/staff/bob-braman/ 

I personally, would want to thank Coach Bye for his hard work and passion for USF over many years of service, and wish him the best. 

I’m hoping that MK did his due diligence and took everything into consideration before making the moves ...... wonder what kind of leash Draper is on now. That’s got to be the 2nd, or 3rd, most disappointing area to t/f. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 hour ago, Mike Stuben said:

I think you might find that it's very similar at all schools. 

Guest Jonesy Bull

I don't like to see anybody lose their jobs.....however, I really like that MK is doing what he thinks is necessary to upgrade our entire Athletic Program......This is a wake up call for the rest of the coaches in the Athletic Department, your Boss means Business!

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Hopefully we can get somebody in here to revive the program but that may be hard considering our facilities are still sub par.   Even with that said it's inexcusable for our track programs to have been so sub par for so many years being located in Florida.  At the minimum our program should be average just off of the strength of the short distance talent available to us in the state.  

22 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Hopefully we can get somebody in here to revive the program but that may be hard considering our facilities are still sub par.   Even with that said it's inexcusable for our track programs to have been so sub par for so many years being located in Florida.  At the minimum our program should be average just off of the strength of the short distance talent available to us in the state.  

Excellent point BD...the facilities for T&F are dreadful (compared to UF and FSU they are developing nation status) and this is something that was ignored when baseball/softball got upgrades. I don’t have any answers for this as all of the fundraising efforts are going toward the IPF.