• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

White Sox- 2005 World Series Champions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

anaheim won game 2.  Wouldn't want to see them down 2 games in a 5 game set going to NY.

All the **** series need to be 4 out of 7. 162 games to get this far and 2 games and you're out ...... That sucks.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

100% completely agree

Dave,

of those 19 runs, only 11 have been meaningful, as 8 came AFTER the game 1 game was out of reach.  We put in our slop pitchers just to eat innings and conceded the game.  And of those meaningful runs, only 9 are earned.

It should be 1 to 1 going back to fenway right now (luck is an important piece in winning it all, and you certainly have that on your side too), so those 9 earned runs generally speaking, won't get it done.  

I wouldn't consider the white sox an offensive ball club... they do know how to generate a few runs out of nothing, but hitting 5 homers in a game happens once in a blue moon for you guys, and that was Tuesday.

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401

All runs are meaningful. The Red Sox have not homered once. Carl Everett will have a big game today.

If they were meaningful, we wouldn't have put in our scrub pitchers, and saved the good ones.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  159

You are relying on Carl Everett?  Please, there is a reason why that guy is no longer in Boston.  

Bob:

Bronson Arroyo is a scrub pitcher now? Well I guess according to Damon and Ortiz all the pitchers you have are. (BTW isn't it funny that Ortiz complains about the pitching in a game where the offense only puts up two runs?). Should've paid Pedro.....

Our pitching is so good that it leads to our hitting being overlooked. If you have been watching this whole year you know it is underrated. Also, do you realize that two of the three most dangerous hitters in our lineup, Everett and Dye, haven't got going yet?

Mike:

Carl Everett plays his best when pissed off, and like the rest of lineup he is clutch. He was not traded due to his talent, but his additude- which has been just fine since he's been with the white sox (this is his second stint I think- he went to KC for a little bit).

When is the next Cubs or D-Rays game? Let the big boys talk this one over- okay, Sparky? Enjoy the UF game tomorrow, whoever they play.

-David

Dave,

Arroyo has had a bad year, so yes, i'd call him a scrub pitcher.  We conceded that game very early on.  Nothing really mattered after the 3rd inning.

It is the batter's job to work the umpire to get calls.  Pedro wasn't worth paying... he didn't want to be here, no matter what he says.  We offered, he turned it down, then complained like a whiny biatch that we didn't offer him enough, even though we offered the same money that schilling was getting.  He wasn't going to be happy until he was in a new location.

Your hitting is overlooked because it isn't very good.  Everett and Dye aren't that good of hitters.  Perhaps they will heat up... as you'll need them if you plan on getting to the next round or the WS, but if they don't... you better hope that pitching stays red hot, because if you can't score, you won't win.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  159

Mince,

All of your talk is funny.  UF game?  Cubs/Rays?  I guess I cant expect anything from from an alleged Black Sox fan who places their hopes in Everett's hands.  

Griff,

All this talk from an alleged american citizen who has not shown the semblance of loyalty to an team, institution, persons, or principle throughout the course of his shameful existence (I am being kind here trust me folks). Talk to me after the game.