• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JR linebacker Andre Polk is no longer with USF Football.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

USF is down another linebacker heading into fall camp because redshirt junior Andre Polk, Jr. is no longer listed on the online roster.

The Daily Stampede reached out to USF and Polk for comment, but have not heard back from either. We will update the story if they do.

The oft-injured Polk missed all of spring because he was recovering from an injury. That seemed to be the story of Polk’s tenure with the Bulls. He played in just three games during his three seasons in Tampa.

The Fort Myers native was rated as a three-star (.8520) by 247Sports coming out of high school, and chose the Bulls over offers from Iowa State, Minnesota, Louisville, Tulane, and few others.

Polk redshirted his freshman season in 2016, played in three games in 2017—totaling five tackles, all of which came at San Jose State—and then did not play in 2018 due to a knee injury.

Polk was one of the last remaining holdovers from former head coach Willie Taggart’s final recruiting class. 12-of-16 signees are no longer with the team.

We wish Andre the best.

https://www.thedailystampede.com/2019/6/4/18651828/redshirt-jr-linebacker-andre-polk-no-longer-with-usf-football-willie-taggart-fsu-charlie-strong

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Bummer for him and us. I had high hopes for him, but you have to be healthy to play. Wish him the best in whatever life brings his way next. This would open up another scholarship for a transfer. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Not surprised by this at all. I had heard some chatter about it after spring but was hoping the kid would stick it out 

Update by school official:

It is believed that Polk has been medically disqualified due to the series of injuries he sustained at USF. A school official stated the reason for him no longer being on the roster as “medical”.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I heard it was grades. 

:drummer:

• Haha 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

39 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

It is believed that Polk has been medically disqualified due to the series of injuries he sustained at USF. A school official stated the reason for him no longer being on the roster as “medical”.

He still receives the scholarship though, right?

Just now, Triple B said:

He still receives the scholarship though, right?

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

Man that sucks for him. I guess God has other plans for him. I've never seen a player who stay injured so much. I guess in the end, his physical health is more important than football. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I figured something was up when he wasn't out there in the spring and they took him off the active roster.  They did that months ago, I'm surprised people just noticed.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 hours ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Wow really sorry it went that way for him while at USF but he will get to finish his scholly and get that degree.   It may not have worked out on the field for him but he still got to better himself as a man and get his degree.