• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gasparilla bowl now has SEC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

15 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

but they would get even darker....

3A7E4E29-AAAF-4F4B-B308-E3D76C2B3519.jpeg

So inspirational 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So inspirational 

I know right...I almost feel asleep looking at photos of the man...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,516
  • Days Won:  28

All the cards are falling into place. We have a great out of conference schedule and the AAC has more P5 match ups during bowl season. The Football Gods are shining their light on us......P6 baby!!!! :04-rock:

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

AAC is not the Big East but I'm not exactly suicidal about it either

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,672
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

So inspirational 

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I know right...I almost feel asleep looking at photos of the man...

Did you guys ever go to an event where he spoke?  He fired the crowd up. Had me wanting to put on the pads and I was damin near 60.  Speaking wasn't his downfall.  Not closing out games and/or his choice of DCs did him in.

29 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Did you guys ever go to an event where he spoke?  He fired the crowd up. Had me wanting to put on the pads and I was damin near 60.  Speaking wasn't his downfall.  Not closing out games and/or his choice of DCs did him in.

Yes I heard him speak in person on many occasions and he didn’t inspire me quite as much as he inspired you. However my comment was strictly based on his looks which also never inspired confidence to me. I am however a CJL mark. I found him Inspiring. I liked his passion. I liked his dedication. I found him engaging. I found him funny and I didn’t want him to go. I felt I tried to give CSH a chance but I am sure I actually didn’t. I hated pretty much everything about him and I’m not sure there is much he could have actually done to change my mind because I hated that he was here to begin with (although some of his decisions certainly help fan the flames of my ire not that I needed any help with that). He did however seem like a nice enough guy that was put into a pretty winless situation.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Yes I heard him speak in person on many occasions and he didn’t inspire me quite as much as he inspired you. However my comment was strictly based on his looks which also never inspired confidence to me. I am however a CJL mark. I found him Inspiring. I liked his passion. I liked his dedication. I found him engaging. I found him funny and I didn’t want him to go. I felt I tried to give CSH a chance but I am sure I actually didn’t. I hated pretty much everything about him and I’m not sure there is much he could have actually done to change my mind because I hated that he was here to begin with (although some of his decisions certainly help fan the flames of my ire not that I needed any help with that). He did however seem like a nice enough guy that was put into a pretty winless situation.

I don’t have the background however not sure why he was in a winless situation.  He took a team that was strong and went 8-5 the first year,   Led off the next year with a win over ND and proceeded to lose 8 of the last 12 and then 3-9 the last year.  They got progressively worse, the talent disappeared, the defense was slow and small.  The team was unwatchable, boring, uninspired and appeared there was absolutely no player development.  i am not sure if I like CJL more than I hate Skippy.  Likable or not he was straight A$$, and his dad was a d-bag as well.  He set the program back to a level that at least makes me appreciate the little wins again.

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I don’t have the background however not sure why he was in a winless situation.  He took a team that was strong and went 8-5 the first year,   Led off the next year with a win over ND and proceeded to lose 8 of the last 12 and then 3-9 the last year.  They got progressively worse, the talent disappeared, the defense was slow and small.  The team was unwatchable, boring, uninspired and appeared there was absolutely no player development.  i am not sure if I like CJL more than I hate Skippy.  Likable or not he was straight A$$, and his dad was a d-bag as well.  He set the program back to a level that at least makes me appreciate the little wins again.

Because short of winning a national title or close to it a certain percentage of the fanbase was never going to fully accept him. Granted he didn’t help himself but for people like me it probably wouldn’t have mattered much.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,477
  • Days Won:  422

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

The quality of players went down because he was given a different criteria for bringing them in ...... and it’s funny how “Skippy’s” been a successful head coach everywhere but here. 

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

The quality of players went down because he was given a different criteria for bringing them in ...... and it’s funny how “Skippy’s” been a successful head coach everywhere but here. 

A successful coach that couldn’t beat the coach he went on to replace but I digress