Jump to content
  • USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

    It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

Gasparilla bowl now has SEC


Recommended Posts


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Reputation:   8,834
  • Days Won:  344
  • Joined:  11/29/2009

 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  17,519
  • Reputation:   5,347
  • Days Won:  247
  • Joined:  10/13/2002

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

 

So if you have two negative things like the AAC and Bret it’s like multiplying negatives and you almost end up with something that some years could conceivably be a positive?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Reputation:   2,834
  • Days Won:  63
  • Joined:  05/23/2019

Realistically the AAC will have between 5-6 bowl games against the P5.  The 5 tie ins if the SEC can fill 10 spots for the Gasparilla and most likely a NY6.  We have definitely separated ourselves from the steerage class and are securely a second class citizen, not quite first class but at least we are not at the bottom of the ship with the rats.  Positive news in my view.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Reputation:   8,834
  • Days Won:  344
  • Joined:  11/29/2009

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Realistically the AAC will have between 5-6 bowl games against the P5.  The 5 tie ins if the SEC can fill 10 spots for the Gasparilla and most likely a NY6.  We have definitely separated ourselves from the steerage class and are securely a second class citizen, not quite first class but at least we are not at the bottom of the ship with the rats.  Positive news in my view.

Completely agree Frisco. Does the AAC stink? Yes. But I would still take it over the other four G5 conferences. Now...waiting for Puc to come and piss all over my ideology...3, 2, 1.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  17,519
  • Reputation:   5,347
  • Days Won:  247
  • Joined:  10/13/2002

26 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Completely agree Frisco. Does the AAC stink? Yes. But I would still take it over the other four G5 conferences. Now...waiting for Puc to come and piss all over my ideology...3, 2, 1.....

I think we are perhaps becoming the actual 6th best conference and even if I think the drop off from 5 is so significant and 6th place so perfectly middling that it’s a dumb thing to celebrate I am still pumped that things are looking up. Anytime we get an opportunity to play G5 teams I think it’s a victory and lately we have been getting more and more opportunities. At the very least we have a chance to show we belong and hopefully we capitalize and something comes of it. The worst that can happen is we get to be on the main stage and that in and of itself is a victory over being the best garage band not getting paid and no one knows exists.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,550
  • Content Count:  68,605
  • Reputation:   8,112
  • Days Won:  368
  • Joined:  11/25/2005

10 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Realistically the AAC will have between 5-6 bowl games against the P5.  The 5 tie ins if the SEC can fill 10 spots for the Gasparilla and most likely a NY6.  We have definitely separated ourselves from the steerage class and are securely a second class citizen, not quite first class but at least we are not at the bottom of the ship with the rats.  Positive news in my view.

G5.5

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Jonesy Bull
11 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Realistically the AAC will have between 5-6 bowl games against the P5.  The 5 tie ins if the SEC can fill 10 spots for the Gasparilla and most likely a NY6.  We have definitely separated ourselves from the steerage class and are securely a second class citizen, not quite first class but at least we are not at the bottom of the ship with the rats.  Positive news in my view.

Does that mean we have a better chance at getting one of those lifeboats on the Titanic, unlike those poor souls locked in the Steerage section below.......Or has that Ship already sailed (no pun intended).

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  17,519
  • Reputation:   5,347
  • Days Won:  247
  • Joined:  10/13/2002

3 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Does that mean we have a better chance at getting one of those lifeboats on the Titanic, unlike those poor souls locked in the Steerage section below.......Or has that Ship already sailed (no pun intended).

It means we get to not drown as quickly, get a better view to watch the survivors drift away, and maybe get to listen to some music and dine on some nicer food as we wait for the sweet release of death. 

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  613
  • Reputation:   359
  • Days Won:  3
  • Joined:  09/07/2010

Hey more good news!

Now as a conference we just need to win our bowl games (except maybe UCF, they can lose and I won't complain).  Last year's postseason showing by the AAC was awful.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Reputation:   2,834
  • Days Won:  63
  • Joined:  05/23/2019

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

It means we get to not drown as quickly, get a better view to watch the survivors drift away, and maybe get to listen to some music and dine on some nicer food as we wait for the sweet release of death. 

I would add a little more time to tap some ass as well and if a guy from steerage can bone a first class women than there is no reason we can’t pull off a ménage trios and lay the wood to both Bama and UF before we go under, nothing like dying with a smile on your face.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...