• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Johnny Ford points out the elephant in the room.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

4 hours ago, SpeedyBull said:

While in the area, I always went to home games win, lose, even flat out pathetic offense and painful seasons. That said I think to energize the fan base, it is not just a key win, or the # of wins, but how we play. Last few years were painful to watch because we knew even while winning we were playing poorly. I am excited with our new OC and I hope he can bring the excitement to the field this year. I would rather see us play good football against good teams and lose than play okay football against ****** teams and win. 

3 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

A defense that can make plays like the one in 2007 puts butts in seats. Nobody likes to watch their team give up 300 yards on the ground to Tulane. That was frustrating to watch and I would have rather done so from home.

2 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

To put it another way, show me effort and I will support the team, win or lose. At times last year, it was apparent that some had stopped trying.

Yes. Record aside, the team wasn't passing the eyeball test with their play.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

Our "actual" attendance (I saw 28K plus) is higher than the average attendance for any G5 conference.  Why should we be drawing 30K a game again?

So again why are we ******** about attendance?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,240
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Our "actual" attendance (I saw 28K plus) is higher than the average attendance for any G5 conference.  Why should we be drawing 30K a game again?

Because we have more room than your typical G5 stadium, we have previously drawn more fans and people like to complain.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740

12 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

38K+ per game, up 7K from 2017, 2nd in attendance in the AAC (behind a team on a 24 game win streak and back to back NY6 bowl games/playoff dreams).

Why exactly are we ******** about attendance?

I beat this dead horse too much but our attendance is just fine for our conference and declining attendance, even in the P5 is college football's dirty little secret everyone knows but nobody talks about. There's a generational demographic tsunami happening. There's even some prognosticators saying in the future the majority of events will be played in small venues with small or no crowds for the purpose of broadcasting/streaming.

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

It's the bulls pen, Jake!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, puc86 said:

Because we have more room than your typical G5 stadium, we have previously drawn more fans and people like to complain.

There's your answer and ignorance to the actual situation.  We drew better when we were in a better conference playing marquee teams.  Put UF or FSU in the AAC and see what their attendance looks like ...... 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I agree that some of it is perception, but 25,000 fans in a 65,000 seat stadium looks a lot worse than 20,000 fans in a 35,000 seat stadium. Also, this community has supported USF football in much larger numbers in the past. As recently as 2012 our announced average attendance for the season was 44,120. Granted, that was bolstered by an FSU game, but that is why scheduling in the manner that Kelly is doing now is so important to the health of this program. It's the off-season, a player made a somewhat controversial comment, so the message board is discussing it. 

The size of our stadium should be irrelevant.  Tell the player to shut up and play football.   Tough to call out the fans when you are on a 6 game losing streak in a crappy conference.  Might want to educate himself too before he pops off

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, chapelbull said:

The size of our stadium should be irrelevant.  Tell the player to shut up and play football.   Tough to call out the fans when you are on a 6 game losing streak in a crappy conference.  Might want to educate himself too before he pops off

The 6 game losing streak had nothing to do with the 21,000 or so in attendance for the Elon home opener last season. That team was 28-6 over its last 34 games. I will concede that the opponent and weather had a lot to do with it, but still, as fans we should all want that number to be higher. 

I think the players can be educate, but, regardless, they still clearly notice attendance. Ask the Rays if they like playing in a stadium that feels empty? A number of them have commented about it. They don't care that they have really high viewership, they want to see the butts in the seats and feel the energy from the fans. 

This season should be a little bit different with Wisconsin being the home opener. I hope the marketing department has a BOGO promotion ready to go where if you buy a seat to the Wisconsin game you get one for the SC State game. I expect that we will have 35,000 to 40,000 for the Wisconsin game and it would be nice to have the SC State game see a crowd of 30,000 or so. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

It's obvious outside the diehard fans people wont watch Usf play some of the AAC teams and FCS teams.

The casual fans only will go when we play big name team and 7pm. 

Hopefully Wisconsin if they push this game could have 45k+

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

It's obvious outside the diehard fans people wont watch Usf play some of the AAC teams and FCS teams.

The casual fans only will go when we play big name team and 7pm. 

Hopefully Wisconsin if they push this game could have 45k+

The sad part is that many of our alumni are doing that lame ass gator chomp or the annoying war chant instead of following USF. I will never ever have respect for those people. Any USF alumnus who supports another university...I wish them nothing but total damnation. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1