• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Johnny Ford points out the elephant in the room.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

On 6/4/2019 at 10:39 PM, Bulls On Parade said:

Be curious to see what UF would draw if they had 2-3 losing seasons in a row.   Hard to say how many are hardcore fans and how many are  fringe fans...easy to be a fan when your team wins most of the home games.

We just need to slowly keep building that base with hardcore fans and if we get some big wins the fringe fans will come again, well atleast for the big games.

You mean if they actually allow their real attendance to be known, right?

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

On 6/4/2019 at 9:37 PM, Friscobull said:

I am thrilled with AD Kelly and what he has done, making the most of what we got.   I am not sure what we are arguing about, I am saying big wins against big teams make the difference, I think you are sayin the same thing?

Personally, the problem is that folks fail to realize that our own CCG IS the big game we have to win.  That game will be against the likes of c, Houston, Memphis, etc.  

if we don’t win that..... well, failed season.  That should be our goal every year and the biggest game on the calendar.  

Edited by ArmyBull

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Azmodi said:

You mean if they actually allow their real attendance to be known, right?

Thats true also but video/photos don't lie and I saw some much smaller crowds at times when FSU was struggling at times versus smaller name teams.

Usf controls its destiny when it comes to attendance...if we could knock off some of the big OOC opponents we face in the future and our crowds will continue to grow.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,844
  • Days Won:  67

6 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Personally, the problem is that folks fail to realize that our own CCG IS the big game we have to win.  That game will be against the likes of c, Houston, Memphis, etc.  

if we don’t win that..... well, failed season.  That should be our goal every year and the biggest game on the calendar.  

We had and will have more long debates on this topic, by that calculation all the years the program has been in existence has been a failure, even the years they beat FSU, Auburn, UM, Clemson, WVU, ND etc... I want a Conference championship like everyone else and we are overdue but not a certain failure, However definitely the main goal going into the season.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

On 6/6/2019 at 7:03 PM, Friscobull said:
On 6/6/2019 at 6:51 PM, ArmyBull said:

We had and will have more long debates on this topic, by that calculation all the years the program has been in existence has been a failure, even the years they beat FSU, Auburn, UM, Clemson, WVU, ND etc... I want a Conference championship like everyone else and we are overdue but not a certain failure, However definitely the main goal going into the season.

It's always the goal of any season to take home the CC. But second to that is to win the high profile games so our brand still grows. Die-hards can't fill stands...crowds follow winners.

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 6/6/2019 at 6:55 PM, Bulls On Parade said:

Thats true also but video/photos don't lie and I saw some much smaller crowds at times when FSU was struggling at times versus smaller name teams.

Usf controls its destiny when it comes to attendance...if we could knock off some of the big OOC opponents we face in the future and our crowds will continue to grow.

You would think that but after a 7-1 start last year the attendance was pretty abysmal for Tulane.

But i agree any wins over the big boys coming down the pike SHOULD impact attendance....unfortunately it feels like we have to stay undefeated and ranked for the crowds to be good for AAC opponents not named C.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

You would think that but after a 7-1 start last year the attendance was pretty abysmal for Tulane.

But i agree any wins over the big boys coming down the pike SHOULD impact attendance....unfortunately it feels like we have to stay undefeated and ranked for the crowds to be good for AAC opponents not named C.

Yea the small time AAC teams are a tough draw. 

Would have to be undefeated and ranked in the teens with wins over like Bama or UF to ever have over 40k for a Tulane game unfortunately. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I wish Johnny were pointing out the elephants on the O-line.  

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, Brad said:

I wish Johnny were pointing out the elephants on the O-line.  

We don't have any elephants on the O line, I'm sure it would help if we did..

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

8 hours ago, SpeedyBull said:

We don't have any elephants on the O line, I'm sure it would help if we did..

Kinda like a walrus in goal ...

• Haha 1