• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

As we look to the 2019-20 athletic season...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

On 6/2/2019 at 9:16 PM, CousinRicky said:

Hope you are willing to travel.  Don't host many events.

I sailed for USF on the co-ed team (club sport, but we practiced and competed with the female athletes). Come to think of it, I dont think Womens sailing was a scholarship sport when I was on the team. Anyhow, it is true, we traveled a lot - Charleston, Annapolis and other northeastern destinations and one year to Oregon, but between regattas at USF, Eckerd and UF (all in the same division.... SAISA Southeast) there was plenty of sailing to be spectated within driving distance. I never understood why our attendace wasnt better🤔.

That said, northeastern schools such as Harvard, Brown, Yale, Georgetown and Dartmouth were traditionally far more dominant despite the perceived advantage of year round fair weather.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

13 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

That said, northeastern schools such as Harvard, Brown, Yale, Georgetown and Dartmouth were traditionally far more dominant despite the perceived advantage of year round fair weather.

Where did Publix factor into the equation?

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

9 hours ago, JTrue said:

Where did Publix factor into the equation?

This is when the deli as we know it today was nascent. At the time, Publix was just another grocery store with slightly better quality than Winn Dixie.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I am worried about the women's basketball team. I am not sure they have a high end talent like Laksa, Laura, Williams,  Dickson, etc this coming season. That was what they were missing this past season.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The athletic season will be determined by football and MBB. The rest is gravy. Both programs have a chance to do big things. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
23 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The athletic season will be determined by football and MBB. The rest is gravy. Both programs have a chance to do big things. 

I think most everybody agrees with this statement.

I do have to say, this is the first time I can remember, where I'm actually looking forward to both Teams season (in the same year).

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

26 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I do have to say, this is the first time I can remember, where I'm actually looking forward to both Teams season (in the same year).

I still haven't hopped on the hype train for football.

I'm hopeful that we'll look better on offense but is that enough?

There's a lot of excitement about our activity in the transfer portal for defensive holes but that activity concerns me more than excites me. The success rate on transfers is around 50%.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

42 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I am being cautious with my football prediction but 8 seems to be the realistic number of wins. But if a few bounces go our way (lord knows how we deserve it) then 10 is possible. I am going to try and enjoy each one individually as the CFB season goes so quickly. 

Guest Jonesy Bull

Totally agree about the "cautious optimism" on the football side.  My point is, I'm more excited about the Football teams chances this year (definitely more so than last year) with looking forward to seeing the changes that have been made that should improve the team......and without a doubt excited about the Men's Basketball team then I can remember in quite a while.  Again, within the same year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I’ve always looked forward to both those teams seasons, except one, because Hope springs eternal. Only season I really dreaded was MBB’s first BE season and wading into that monster with a walk on pg.