• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another possible future scenario to toss around in the offseason ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Since you already bolded........  I don't think calling the conference one of the P6 is saying we are the 6th best, rather we are one of the top 6. A difference in my eyes.

So which of the P5 are we better than by any measurable? We don’t have the money, we don’t have the contracts, we don’t have the bowls, we don’t have the exposure, we don’t have prestige and we don’t have the rankings. The gap between the AAC and P5 is the grand cannon where as the gap between the AAC and the next closest G5 conference doesn’t exist but could at best be argued is one of those lines that divides sidewalk sections. To put it simply every single member of this conference was in the waiting room to beg the Big 12 (which is arguably the least of the p5 conferences) for inclusion where as there are members of other G5 conferences that told the AAC thanks but no thanks.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

38 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So which of the P5 are we better than by any measurable? We don’t have the money, we don’t have the contracts, we don’t have the bowls, we don’t have the exposure, we don’t have prestige and we don’t have the rankings. The gap between the AAC and P5 is the grand cannon where as the gap between the AAC and the next closest G5 conference doesn’t exist but could at best be argued is one of those lines that divides sidewalk sections. To put it simply every single member of this conference was in the waiting room to beg the Big 12 (which is arguably the least of the p5 conferences) for inclusion where as there are members of other G5 conferences that told the AAC thanks but no thanks.

But we have this promotional thingy that says we are P6...so it must be so...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

But we have this promotional thingy that says we are P6...so it must be so...

When five people get together and collectively bargain (read conspire) to completely separate themselves from five other people and have special access, payments and rules that distinguish them above the other five in a caste system. And then the rest of the world acknowledges the distinction and treats and pays them accordingly. But then one of the five left behinds says but wait I think I maybe able to say i am better than these five people I will arbitrarily create a P6 distinction that isn’t part of the collective and has none of what they agreed to and isn’t recognized by anyon, they most certainly are saying exactly we think we are 6th best and not that we are the same as the original five mostly because if anyone could unilaterally do that they would.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

11 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Its hard to imagine a scenario where a G5 team gets a berth without a CC.....but i guess it is possible if very strong OOC schedule.

I think it would have happened last year if Memphis had beaten the Kanigits for the championship. Don’t remember if/where the Tigers were ranked but don’t think they would have jumped UCF in the rankings. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

The Fifth Beatle

This crazy P6 talk was the genesis for that crazy UCF national champs talk.  Make believe served up as reality.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I know you love to rant and hate to actually read and maybe I wasn't totally clear.  But I didn't say we were better that any (although a case could be made vs the Pac 12).  The conference is calling themselves one of the P6 not that they are 6th best.

10 minutes ago, Brad said:

The Fifth Beatle

This crazy P6 talk was the genesis for that crazy UCF national champs talk.  Make believe served up as reality.

😂😂... we are the Pete Best of college football...once on the doorstep of stardom only to end playing in ****** pubs (AAC). 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

34 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I know you love to rant and hate to actually read and maybe I wasn't totally clear.  But I didn't say we were better that any (although a case could be made vs the Pac 12).  The conference is calling themselves one of the P6 not that they are 6th best.

I get that but I am trying to say if it’s established and universally accepted that there are a top five and then you decide to say you are part of a top six that you made up that is effectively saying you are the sixth team since that’s the place you have tried to make yourself an appendage of the real five.

55 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

😂😂... we are the Pete Best of college football...once on the doorstep of stardom only to end playing in ****** pubs (AAC). 

If we embraced our Pete Best station in life that would be funny and a campaign I can get behind. Trying to make P6 a thing and pretending it has any meaning is just shamefully desperate and unaware. When any measurable of ours is comparable to the P5 maybe a P6 campaign could make sense but as it stands now we are simply the most oblivious of the G5.

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If we embraced our Pete Best station in life that would be funny and a campaign I can get behind. Trying to make P6 a thing and pretending it has any meaning is just shamefully desperate and unaware. When any measurable of ours is comparable to the P5 maybe a P6 campaign could make sense but as it stands now we are simply the most oblivious of the G5.

He is still alive. Maybe he could come at half time and put on a drum ensemble for the band.