• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another possible future scenario to toss around in the offseason ...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

29 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I understand his reasoning. But I think P5 should have to win their conference to get in CPF too. 

This.  P6 tryna be P5 but acting the fool.  

Except for Big12 I read, but they’re  hardly relevant to the P3 anyway.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

Sorry @Triple B my will is strong but my flesh is weak.

You abstained a lot longer than I thought you would. I had 2 posts in the pool. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

So I just looked it up and UCF got 3.8 million for the peach bowl (I thought it'd be under a million).

When you're talking that much money then yes you take that game.  So I'm changing my vote.

Did the whole 3.8 go to them? I thought it went to the conference and then split out? If the whole thing did go them, I’d be inclined to lean toward the NY6 bowl, too .... even though I cringe at what kind of turnout we may have. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

35 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Did the whole 3.8 go to them? I thought it went to the conference and then split out? If the whole thing did go them, I’d be inclined to lean toward the NY6 bowl, too .... even though I cringe at what kind of turnout we may have. 

You are correct the conference splits the 3.8...however I don’t think it is even. ucf got the biggest taste and then it went in order based on record. I wish I could remember where I saw this. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

18 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You are correct the conference splits the 3.8...however I don’t think it is even. ucf got the biggest taste and then it went in order based on record. I wish I could remember where I saw this. 

It  wouldn’t matter if we hit $3.8 million or had to pay $3.8 million there is no way that anyone thinks playing Tulsa or Memphis in front of 25k people and 1 million viewers is comparable to playing LSU, Auburn, OSU, Psu or USC in front of 65k people and 10 million viewers. The aac championship is simply a means to an end no one actually cares or sets out to win it any more than they care about winning a civil conflict trophy.

Here is a fun game ask any coach, ad, player or fan if they would feel a win in the orange bowl, sugar bowl, peach bowl, fiesta bowl etc would be a successful season then as them how they would feel about trading that victory for an AAC championship. 

39 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Here is a fun game ask any coach, ad, player or fan if they would feel a win in the orange bowl, sugar bowl, peach bowl, fiesta bowl etc would be a successful season then as them how they would feel about trading that victory for an AAC championship. 

Just to keep your fun game on point, the choice isn’t winning an NY6 bowl or AAC championship, it’s getting to an NY6 bowl or winning an AAC championship. 

Guest Jonesy Bull

This is a tough one.  On the one hand, getting the exposure from a BCS game and the money is huge.  But if we lose the game, then how much is gained really.........I would prefer an AAC championship, considering it would be our first ever and we have waited too long, and that likely would mean a BCS anyway.

Its hard to imagine a scenario where a G5 team gets a berth without a CC.....but i guess it is possible if very strong OOC schedule.

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Just to keep your fun game on point, the choice isn’t winning an NY6 bowl or AAC championship, it’s getting to an NY6 bowl or winning an AAC championship. 

That’s not exactly fair not that I think it will make any difference to the poll results. Most people’s response would be what’s an aac? it’s a the self professed 6th best conference in all of college football. There are more than 5 conferences in all of college football? Yes there are actually five more conferences. I mean real college football not d-II. No it’s actually the same division there are 129 teams. I don’t think that’s true. Touché. 

Sure being the best of the rest is maybe better than being the worst of the rest but we are still othered and real success can only come against wins against the establishment and  not from battling it out with the hoi polloi. At best if you are the consensus best of the G5 you are in the 66th best place in college football.

Edited by puc86

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, puc86 said:

That’s not exactly fair not that I think it will make any difference to the poll results. Most people’s response would be what’s an aac? it’s a the self professed 6th best conference in all of college footballThere are more than 5 conferences in all of college football? Yes there are actually five more conferences. I mean real college football not d-II. No it’s actually the same division there are 129 teams. I don’t think that’s true. Touché. 

Sure being the best of the rest is maybe better than being the worst of the rest but we are still othered and real success can only come against wins against the establishment and  not from battling it out with the hoi polloi. At best if you are the consensus best of the G5 you are in the 66th best place in college football.

Since you already bolded........  I don't think calling the conference one of the P6 is saying we are the 6th best, rather we are one of the top 6. A difference in my eyes.