• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do you think our needs have been addressed?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

I think CCS has done an exceptional job using the portal to address immediate needs.  I'm hoping 2 or 3 more will show up in the summer or fall that are immediately eligible.

My concerns after last year were backers and secondary. We had 2 serviceable dbs returning. Getting Burnett and Studstill was a coup. It will allow Hampton and Lapointe to develop without as much pressure. Davis will be serviceable and if Sails is eligible...lookout!

Adding Macon to play the middle was huge! Greer and Browles can develop and has added size. Might be surprised as a true freshman..The staff seems to be high on Mims ...and he played decent in the Spring game. If we can get off the field on 3rd down I have great confidence in the offense this year. I would like to get another rb for insurance and at least 1 ol.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

59 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

My concerns after last year were backers and secondary.

Agreed.  I hope that’s addressed.  And I hope Barnett gets a little extra time to deliver the 🏈 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We still don't have a true, quality, LT so no our needs have not been addressed.  True pass rushing Edge/DE is still hole as well.   

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

We really need excellent linemen which is something we don't have. If we get that then yes our needs are met and we can make a run for  AAC championship and NY6 bowl. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

We are really good at the skill positions, which will keep us in games, but we lack the quality and depth in the trenches that it takes to win week in and week out. Add in the question marks with the LB corp and the secondary, and I really don't know what to expect this upcoming season. We could go 3-9 or 9-3. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273

The DE transfer from ASU would have been my last ask...apparently he is enrollment is tied up with admissions...

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

I'm good with our DTs. Everybody hit the weight room and they are closer to 300Ibs.  I feel for our LBs we get Sawtelle back and everybody from last year looks bigger and should be better. I also like the 2 Freshman linebackers we have coming in and think they can both see playing time. Bellamy is a linebacker that has an awesome backstory. (I have attached the link below.  He was homeless most of his high school and stated that when he comes to USF and moves into the dorms,  it will be his first time having his own bed in three years. That player has a lot more to play for. They also moved Trey Laing from DE to LB which should pay off. as for DE, I think Tyrik Jones and Thomas Nance should step up and give great depth. I'm a big fan of Tyrik Jones and feel he will will replace Livingstone when he graduates. DB we are set for this year. I think all of needs have been addresses. Maybe one more offensive lineman.  There will be many players transferring once the new recruiting class and "new additions" join the team. This will lead to more playing time for current players to step up or more space for more transfers and recruits. 

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-recruiting/os-sp-demaurez-bellamy-commits-usf-20180530-story.html

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215

CCS did a pretty nice job this offseason. Really need a quality LT and a true Edge rusher to fill this squad out. That’s a tall order as we are not the only program looking to fill voids there. Even just a capable LT would do wonders for this team. 

Really hoping BB has worked on his pocket presence this offseason. All of his other traits are serviceable, but man did he panic in the pocket last year. I understand the OL was bad, but he really lacks awareness in the pocket 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

31 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

CCS did a pretty nice job this offseason. Really need a quality LT and a true Edge rusher to fill this squad out. That’s a tall order as we are not the only program looking to fill voids there. Even just a capable LT would do wonders for this team. 

Really hoping BB has worked on his pocket presence this offseason. All of his other traits are serviceable, but man did he panic in the pocket last year. I understand the OL was bad, but he really lacks awareness in the pocket 

I'm hoping we can land FSU the Offensive Tackle from FSU. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

50 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I feel for our LBs we get Sawtelle back and everybody from last year looks bigger and should be better.

Is Sawtelle coming back a given?  Thought there was some question as to whether he was healed.