• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Slowly the "tide" changes for UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

Hey Square, didn't a few posters on your board say that premium teams won't come to BH because it can't accommodate enough tickets for their fans?  If that is the case, has UCF just accepted that they won't be playing one and ones with them?

Danny White said in that interview ( missed by most folks due to the 2-1 comments) that because of the limited away fans ticket availability, he has given up on attracting what he called blue blood programs. He no longer even tries. I think he said 27K season tickets sold, 10K students, only leaves about 4-6K away fan seats. The stadium is no longer 45K total a he has converted many low revenue seats, to club seats, so there is a lower overall total. He admitted, many teams wont come to UCF with only 4-6K available. I am pretty sure, that is close to what he depicted.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

Well, stadium expansion may not be too far in the future.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

14 hours ago, SquareKnight said:

But the reality is, UCF isn't the only school in the AAC that looks at the Bulls FIVE 2-for-1 agreements over the last year and wonders WTH is going on in Tampa.

What FIVE 2-1 agreements have supposedly solicited a WTH from numerous schools besides you guys? I count FOUR agreements signed within the last 18 months; Bama, UF, UM and Louisville, with L'ville being the only one that could possibly elicit some comments. I've got no real problems with that one because I've always had a little soft spot for them. They were instrumental in bringing us with them from the Metro to CUSA, which has been key to our development.

Bottom line, your posts have been replete with unsubstantiated facts and misinformation in your critique of our scheduling. Like Footy and Aresco have said, everybody has their different needs for their scheduling philosophy ...... and none of the differences realistically affects the other programs.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

4 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

Danny White said in that interview ( missed by most folks due to the 2-1 comments) that because of the limited away fans ticket availability, he has given up on attracting what he called blue blood programs. He no longer even tries. I think he said 27K season tickets sold, 10K students, only leaves about 4-6K away fan seats. The stadium is no longer 45K total a he has converted many low revenue seats, to club seats, so there is a lower overall total. He admitted, many teams wont come to UCF with only 4-6K available. I am pretty sure, that is close to what he depicted.

So UCF will never sign a blue blood because of stadium size and all other P5s have to be 1:1? Good luck against Purdue and Kansas down the road.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

Sure does make our "rented pirate ship" stadium look more attractive.

Hey, what's the difference between a USF hotdog and a UCF hotdog?  You can get a USF hotdog while playing Florida and Alabama :04-rock:.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JTrue said:

So UCF will never sign a blue blood because of stadium size and all other P5s have to be 1:1? Good luck against Purdue and Kansas down the road.

I don't think he said never, but he said he has stopped calling blue bloods who demand more tickets than he can provide. He also mentioned, that they have begun stadium growth studies.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

8 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

I don't think he said never, but he said he has stopped calling blue bloods who demand more tickets than he can provide. He also mentioned, that they have begun stadium growth studies.

Well, according to Bianchi, you make $3 million a game now. I imagine a study conducted by UCF would show that if you expanded to 50k, that number would jump to $11 million, you'd still sell out every game, Alabama would call you for a 1:1, and you would easily have enough money to build a second statue of GOL commemorating his 2002 Nobel Prize to incorporate into the expansion design.

25 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Well, according to Bianchi, you make $3 million a game now. I imagine a study conducted by UCF would show that if you expanded to 50k, that number would jump to $11 million, you'd still sell out every game, Alabama would call you for a 1:1, and you would easily have enough money to build a second statue of GOL commemorating his 2002 Nobel Prize to incorporate into the expansion design.

I listen to  Mike each morning from the 239, I don't believe Mike each morning from the 239. Mike has been tough on UCF when UCF is terrible, and equally supportive when UCF is not terrible. Both are good for Mike. Mike is not dumb. 

I get the humor, but at 60, I am a bit more discerning. Mike is  a radio host columnist. Ratings/hits are his life. I take him with a huge pile of salt, but I do appreciate his making UCF  more main stream.

Edited by footnfan1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

22 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

I get the humor

If you got the humor, why try to defuse it?

Got or get?