• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Slowly the "tide" changes for UCF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Days Won:  10

At my age if I was any bigger, I'd be a King!  If I was any smaller, I'd be a Queen...

Someone has to talk some sense into them and the hometown paper is a good choice.  The GroupThink is so prevalent that it going to take a lot to get through to them.  No foreseeable SoS games in the near future as a way to prove that you can play with the big boys.  The logic escapes me.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

9 hours ago, SquareKnight said:

Brian wants UCF to strengthen our schedule.  UCF did exactly that for much of the past 23 years, playing one (usually multiple) away games at Auburn, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio St, Michigan, Alabama, Florida, Wisconsin, Penn State, Arizona State, Ole Miss, Mississippi St, and Nebraska without getting a return game.  It’s time for some teams to visit UCF.

Right, because now you've "arrived" ........ smh. This is the kind of delusional ******** that triggers all the grief y'all get. You're not a P5, the AAC isn't a "P6" ... if you, Mikey and Danny Boy want to play that little game, fine, maybe it'll work out for you.

As a USF fan, I want to see the team play the best competition possible, no matter where it is. And just so we're clear, USF has had their fair share of 1-1's with "P5's"; UNC, NC State, Wisconsin, Ga Tech, Illinois, FSU, Miami, Maryland so it's not like it's something totally foreign to the program.

Other American conference teams have also been successful in scheduling well known teams home and home, including  Houston vs Oklahoma, Memphis vs Ole Miss, Memphis vs UCLA, Cincinnati vs UCLA, Temple vs Miami, Houston vs Arizona, and Temple vs Penn St.

Also for the record, the highest profile of all those ooc games is Houston/Oklahoma and that wasn't a home and home ....

Well written.  However, you castigate the reporter for his demonizing language and then label people who disagree as UCF Haters.

I was the one on your board who (respectfully) repeatedly pointed out that UCF's selected strategy of how to handle UCF's recent success was going to lead to alienation of the very teams and decision-makers that UCF will be courting soon.  UCF fans are rallying around White, and you should out here.  But you should review among yourselves, not how you feel about your program, but how the rest of the CF world does.  White informed the rest of the coaches in our conference that he wishes that they would stop their scheduling strategy because he thinks it will hurt the conference.  Not that having a team with no SoS will hurt this conference more.  This whole P6 thing is an embarrassment.  UCF embraces the embarrassment with a self-proclaimed "National Championship" pissing off the teams who were determined to be actually worthy of the title.  Think you will be getting a one for one with ANYONE from the SEC now that Saban is so pissed off that he breaks a thirty year tradition and chooses who?  UCF's self-proclaimed rival (a lot of self-proclaiming going on in Fantasyville).

You also fell into the same strawman constructed by your UCF boardmates.  You claim that it's not your fault that your scheduled P5 teams are now not as good as they were.  No kidding.  Every team deals with it.  Of course, your fans know that is not what is being addressed but they are confident defending something that no one is attacking.  Good victory.  The rest of the world is addressing White's announcement that UCF in now too good for two and ones FOR THE FUTURE.  Now, if you want to defend that, ok.  But let's not take it where it didn't go.

I learned growing up that it is far more effective to stand up to the bully then to complain to them that they are not treating you fairly.  We've chosen the former.  UCF has chosen the latter.

I might add - I don't want UCF as a rival.  Never did.  Many here cringed at the incessant whining, cajoling, and insults form UCF fans to please play them after beating them four times.  Then, UCF follows us into the biggest conference for them and a consolation prize for us after the BE.  I truly wish UCF would go its own way and had the confidence to make it on its own without constantly linking to us.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

What’s a “UCF hater”.  I can’t read anything that refers to the opposing side as being haters...

1 hour ago, Grateful Dad said:

However, you castigate the reporter for his demonizing language and then label people who disagree as UCF Haters.

Beat me to it

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Danny Whites job is to graduate student athletes, increase donations, hire great coaches, sell season tickets, finance increased facilities. He's done pretty well, now, to build that lazy river. 

Each AAC school has different agenda's. To compare their methods for success is  a little silly. USF is different than Houston which is different than SMU which is different than UCF. No AAC team is on the same agenda, raises $$ the same way, has the same challenges etc. 

I don't demonize differences. USF has done a great  job leveraging what they have to offer (seats)  to compare what they do to what anyone else does is not valid to my small pea brain.

Edited by footnfan1

We'll wait and see.  Good talking with you.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, SquareKnight said:

Those were good.  But the reality is, UCF isn't the only school in the AAC that looks at the Bulls FIVE 2-for-1 agreements over the last year and wonders WTH is going on in Tampa. People in Memphis, Houston and Cincinnati also don't think it is a good look for the conference. 

By "people", are you referring to message boards or people that really matter? Links would be nice ....... and considering that it looks like Cincy has a 1 and done game AT Ohio State, how much can anyone from there really say about what we're doing.

Hey Square, didn't a few posters on your board say that premium teams won't come to BH because it can't accommodate enough tickets for their fans?  If that is the case, has UCF just accepted that they won't be playing one and ones with them?