• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Slowly the "tide" changes for UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Nothing to figure out. Nowhere in that record book does NCAA call you co-champions or champions of any kind......... I am biased but not blind.

The key thing they are trying to lay their hat on (well it's right there in the record book) is the same piece of information giving no indication that they are co-champions...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

21 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

Ok, can you find an ESPN or other media source that says that?

That I’m biased but not blind.... let me look. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

The key thing they are trying to lay their hat on (well it's right there in the record book) is the same piece of information giving no indication that they are co-champions...

Ok, well so far ESPN, Utah, and our stadium interpret that information one way. On the other side all we have are the opinions of Bulls fans. 

Can you find something that says, "Clearly the NCAA was just noting the selector in the record book, not declaring a national champion"?

Actually want the NCAA to tell me that Notre Dame is a co-national champion...I want those words to come from them...

3 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

Actually want the NCAA to tell me that Notre Dame is a co-national champion...I want those words to come from them...

Are you serious? Please tell me you graduated from USF. 

I'll do my best to break it down for you:

-Notre Dame, UCF, and Utah all are listed in the record book as being picked by major selectors. 

-Utah and UCF (officially) interpret this to mean that they have a share of the National Championship. 

-ESPN confirmed UCF's interpretation. 

Why would the next rational step be to find someone who interprets it that way for ND or else it's not true? You now have 3 official sources interpreting a 4th official source the same way. Can you even find one that supports your opinion?

I'd be surprised if it doesn't just say it that way in the record book. Y'all claimed it wasn't obvious, but again, USF reading comprehension. I'll take a look. 

14 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

I'd be surprised if it doesn't just say it that way in the record book. Y'all claimed it wasn't obvious, but again, USF reading comprehension. I'll take a look. 

This would be funny if it wasn't so sad. There are championship references everywhere in that section. This is getting less fun.

16 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

Why would the next rational step be to find someone who interprets it that way for ND or else it's not true? You now have 3 official sources interpreting a 4th official source the same way. Can you even find one that supports your opinion?

You mean besides the real 2017 national champions?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

This would be funny if it wasn't so sad. There are championship references everywhere in that section. This is getting less fun.

Embedding a Tweet is difficult. Cutting and pasting, not so much ... and national championship references is what we're discussing here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, atsKnight said:

Are you serious? Please tell me you graduated from USF. 

I'll do my best to break it down for you:

-Notre Dame, UCF, and Utah all are listed in the record book as being picked by major selectors. 

-Utah and UCF (officially) interpret this to mean that they have a share of the National Championship. 

-ESPN confirmed UCF's interpretation. 

You seem to be missing my point that Nortre Dame lost the national championship game and the vaunted Colley Matrix listed them on the top of their ranking...because of that absurdity, the NCAA won't directly state they are co-champions...you actually arent missing the point though...you understand it's nonsense...however, you are deflecting, then insulting my intelligence...I'm not going to argue this nonsense with you any longer...

Edited by DJBulls

45 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You mean besides the real 2017 national champions?

I already stated we know Bama's position on it. 4 official sources to 0, any more thoughts?