• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Isn’t May 29th the day Rideau Decides?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

He was a blip on the radar and had no part in the championship, he was a great talent that did not have the goods to play at the next level.  I watch enough hoops to know Q does not have what it takes, great guy, fantastic player that will still earn a living however it will be overseas.

Q is an elite defender. He has a chance because of that. I am surprised though that the committee hasn't told him that he is not yet ready. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  472
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

I trust that judgement comes from years of experience as a nba scout and isn't just big talk on the internet to belittle someone for following their passion.

Or it's an opinion which we post on the forum

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

9 minutes ago, gullibull said:

Or it's an opinion which we post on the forum

Opinion stated as matter of fact, used to trivialize what could be someone's biggest decision of their life.

Saying you don't think they can make it is one thing. 

Saying it's "not even a decision" is callously dismissing what someone is going through to make yourself sound smarter than them on the internet.  It takes nothing to marginalize someone on the internet.  It takes a lot to get to this point and then put yourself out there and consider the draft. 

Only one person surrounding this conversation has gone thru high school and college working toward a dream, reaching a point where they actually have a coach and school helping them decide *if* the draft can work out.

Go ahead and express your opinions but show some humility and compassion.  Only us internet losers have "no decision" to make because we didn't accomplish what he did.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

Rideau reminds me of Marcus Smart. similar sturdy body type, similar gritty attitude on the court. just not as tall.

but Marcus played for OkSU, was a consensus AA, Big12 POY & took a ranked Big12 team dancing 2 years in a row. he ended up being a lottery pick.

i personally think Q's defense & intangibles could possibly get him drafted in the 2nd round in what looks to be a shallow draft, or get camp invites as an UDFA, but he's still raw (doesn't have exceptional handles or passing for a point, not quite tall enough to play 2 in a league of 6'8+ wings, needs better consistency from deep to be a 3&D guy) & i think NBA scouts are going to want to see more than one good year of USF winning the CBI with one of the best young front courts in the league.

im not an NBA scout, but i think Q stands A LOT to gain if he can duplicate or improve on what he did at USF last season. get the team ranked, punch a ticket to the big dance, develop some of the skills he needs to improve & he could get a much bigger payoff than bouncing around Summer League, the GLeague or overseas as  a late rounder or UDFA. it could literally be the difference between 6 digits or 7.

with all the talent returning to USF MBB, I think he's in perfect position to improve his draft stock for 2020.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

Rideau reminds me of Marcus Smart. similar sturdy body type, similar gritty attitude on the court. just not as tall.

but Marcus played for OkSU, was a consensus AA, Big12 POY & took a ranked Big12 team dancing 2 years in a row. he ended up being a lottery pick.

i personally think Q's defense & intangibles could possibly get him drafted in the 2nd round in what looks to be a shallow draft, or get camp invites as an UDFA, but he's still raw (doesn't have exceptional handles or passing for a point, not quite tall enough to play 2 in a league of 6'8+ wings, needs better consistency from deep to be a 3&D guy) & i think NBA scouts are going to want to see more than one good year of USF winning the CBI with one of the best young front courts in the league.

im not an NBA scout, but i think Q stands A LOT to gain if he can duplicate or improve on what he did at USF last season. get the team ranked, punch a ticket to the big dance, develop some of the skills he needs to improve & he could get a much bigger payoff than bouncing around Summer League, the GLeague or overseas as  a late rounder or UDFA. it could literally be the difference between 6 digits or 7.

with all the talent returning to USF MBB, I think he's in perfect position to improve his draft stock for 2020.

Reminds me of Jameer Nelson.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

An no one asked really what % is chance was to make the NBA.  There should be a lot for the guy to learn by going this route.  It will be interesting to know what he learns.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,844
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Ghostbuster said:

Opinion stated as matter of fact, used to trivialize what could be someone's biggest decision of their life.

Saying you don't think they can make it is one thing. 

Saying it's "not even a decision" is callously dismissing what someone is going through to make yourself sound smarter than them on the internet.  It takes nothing to marginalize someone on the internet.  It takes a lot to get to this point and then put yourself out there and consider the draft. 

Only one person surrounding this conversation has gone thru high school and college working toward a dream, reaching a point where they actually have a coach and school helping them decide *if* the draft can work out.

Go ahead and express your opinions but show some humility and compassion.  Only us internet losers have "no decision" to make because we didn't accomplish what he did.

I am still learning the personality of the board, I had always thought it was a given we are internet losers and we could have a little edge in our opinions due to that fact.    Everyone on this board is a diehard fan that would love to see Q in the NBA however some of us think he would benefit from another year.  The point you made was valid and I will do better to keep my A$$hole tendencies in check.

• Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

14 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

Reminds me of Jameer Nelson.

I think that's fair, although I'd say Crib Midget was a better offensive player & not as good a defensive player. his offensive game & shooting were just more polished.

Jameer had 4 years at St. Joes & I believe he averaged 20 ppg his senior season. he was drafted 20th in 2004. the game was A LOT different then.

that's why I think staying at a program poised for success like USF & having a big Sr. year would benefit him. it could potentially boost his stock significantly. but his similarities to guys like Jameer (who developed into an All-Star) & Marcus Smart (NBA All-Defensive 1st team this year) are why I think he has a shot to go in the 2nd round this year.

but the difference in money between the 20th overall pick & the 40th overall pick is significant & the likelihood of sticking in the NBA as a first rounder is A LOT higher than trying to make it as a second rounder. teams take flyers on 2nd round picks all the time just to see if they can crack a roster or contribute in the GLeague, but 1st round picks are taken more seriously.

as a Bulls fan I want to see Q come back & take this young Bulls' squad to the promised land as their senior leader... But I won't be mad if he takes his shot at getting paid.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I am still learning the personality of the board, I had always thought it was a given we are internet losers and we could have a little edge in our opinions due to that fact.    Everyone on this board is a diehard fan that would love to see Q in the NBA however some of us think he would benefit from another year.  The point you made was valid and I will do better to keep my A$$hole tendencies in check.

That’s not the right way to navigate the internet. You need to state every opinion as fact. Be as big an ******* as possible. If someone proves you wrong you never admit it you just keep doubling down on your opinion no matter how far of a corner it paints yourself into. Every day is a new day so don’t be afraid to completely pivot on your opinions but never acknowledge that you have changed or were previously wrong. You are always right, everyone else is always wrong and if you argue the point long enough they will eventually give up allowing you to be proven the winner of every argument. Some people will wonder what’s the point of interacting with people this way, because **** ‘em that’s why.

• Me no likey 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

@puc86 clearly has no interest in being apart of our community's "Conduct and Culture" executive board.  😂

• Haha 1