• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Week 1 a trap game for Wisconsin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

21 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Referencing earlier post from Deldabull saying he is from Missouri, skeptical that USF will beat Wisconsin.  Show me... I was simply stating that they have showed me nothing to believe they can beat UW and I still believe, not from Missouri.  Agreed Mizzou even with an NFL QB struggled last year.’,  they don’t have the depth to compete in the SEC this year either IMO. 

Yes. Show me....

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I'm actually from NY, but Show Me state is kind of a great state slogan

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

I really doubt we will be calling for Bell’s head regardless of what happens and agree UW will control the ball.  I like the idea of Wisconsin not having any tape to prepare and also believe the line will have Wisconsin as a 14 plus favorite.  I will admit scoring at will is a stretch however first game could surprise us.  We all remember the opener against McNeese State, anything can happen both good and bad. I choose to think good thoughts even if a tad bit naive.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

The losing streak will be at seven games after Aug. 30th and we will have to put up with another week of barbs and insults from ucf fans as their team will be 1-0 after beating FAMU.  The major question will be, will Charlie have them prepared to play GA Tech on September 7th?  Last year, Charlie didn't have them ready to play (his words) and that is a concern of mine heading into the 2019 season.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

14 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I really doubt we will be calling for Bell’s head regardless of what happens and agree UW will control the ball.  I like the idea of Wisconsin not having any tape to prepare and also believe the line will have Wisconsin as a 14 plus favorite.  I will admit scoring at will is a stretch however first game could surprise us.  We all remember the opener against McNeese State, anything can happen both good and bad. I choose to think good thoughts even if a tad bit naive.

I always look at games with brutally honest realism and hope my bulls exceed my expectations.  Hopefully this team surprises me in a good way, but it will be just that a surprise given this match up.  

1 minute ago, Bull Dozer said:

I always look at games with brutally honest realism and hope my bulls exceed my expectations.  Hopefully this team surprises me in a good way, but it will be just that a surprise given this match up.  

Anytime you are laying 2 plus scores it would need to be a surprise, that we will agree.  We tend to look at this only from one side, UW aside from a fantastic RB, their Off line is young and unproven, not sure who will QB maybe a true freshman.  First game, long road trip, swampy conditions, slippery ball, possibly under estimate their competition, bunch of kids. this is not the NFL, a long shot but maybe not as long as many think. New year, I will continue to live in my ignorant bliss until they prove me otherwise.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

33 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

I'm actually from NY, but Show Me state is kind of a great state slogan

Not as good as “Live Free or Die” though...😂

7 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Anytime you are laying 2 plus scores it would need to be a surprise, that we will agree.  We tend to look at this only from one side, UW aside from a fantastic RB, their Off line is young and unproven, not sure who will QB maybe a true freshman.  First game, long road trip, swampy conditions, slippery ball, possibly under estimate their competition, bunch of kids. this is not the NFL, a long shot but maybe not as long as many think. New year, I will continue to live in my ignorant bliss until they prove me otherwise.

Slippery balls are always a problem...

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not as good as “Live Free or Die” though...😂

Slippery balls are always a problem...

True, however in these swamp A$$ conditions I find a sticky sack more problematic, my recommendation is to powder up and powder often for both the players and fans to combat the humidity. Good point New England

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  96,982
  • Days Won:  469

3 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Guessing some here will be ready to fire Bell Saturday morning because this is going to a very tough out.......

I just set a reminder to post the first FIREBELL! thread midway through first quarter.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I think you may be overstating the potential spread on this one. First games of the year tend to see more conservative point spreads. USF is the home team. Has a track record of playing up against P5 teams, has the ability to score, and has a new OC. On the other side, Wisconsin will be with an unproven QB on the road in a hot and humid environment. I'm thinking the line opens around -8 to -10.