• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Week 1 a trap game for Wisconsin

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

9 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

Dare I hope?  Their oline will look Stonehenge.  I just hope Florida speed can prevail.  Now, if we can get in a passing game, I can maybe see it.  But, we need to be able to stop the run like never before.  I'm cautiously optimistic.

I hope the young kids are ready and the experienced players we got from the transfer portal are ready to win in the trenches.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Wisconsin plays Central Michigan the week after our game.  This is not a trap game....  However they will run a ton of traps so I guess that counts?  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,844
  • Days Won:  67

11 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

Dare I hope?  Their oline will look Stonehenge.  I just hope Florida speed can prevail.  Now, if we can get in a passing game, I can maybe see it.  But, we need to be able to stop the run like never before.  I'm cautiously optimistic.

We all hope however feels illogical to think We can stop a future NFL back and one of the best in CFB this year and  a young but always massive o line in Wisconsin when we gave up over 350 to Tulane on the ground at home last year and could not effectively stop anyone.  We have plenty of players on D but to think we are deep at LB is comical and our DLine is unproven.  With this being said I still believe USF  will score at will and make enough stops to come out on top.  I guess I am not from Mizzou and have drank the kool aid, I am cautiously optimistic or just plain ignorant, we will see.

Guest Jonesy Bull

If as suggested, that neither Defense is good enough to stop the other.....then this has the potential to be a high scoring game, with whoever has the ball last, wins. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

18 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

We all hope however feels illogical to think We can stop a future NFL back and one of the best in CFB this year and  a young but always massive o line in Wisconsin when we gave up over 350 to Tulane on the ground at home last year and could not effectively stop anyone.  We have plenty of players on D but to think we are deep at LB is comical and our DLine is unproven.  With this being said I still believe USF  will score at will and make enough stops to come out on top.  I guess I am not from Mizzou and have drank the kool aid, I am cautiously optimistic or just plain ignorant, we will see.

What does Mizzou have to do with it ? That is my wife's Alma Mater for undergrand and USF for grad school. Mizzou has really fell down the last two years. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Looking at Wisconsin’s message board their only concern about USF is finding a decent hotel room...hope their players are as laid back. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,844
  • Days Won:  67

55 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

What does Mizzou have to do with it ? That is my wife's Alma Mater for undergrand and USF for grad school. Mizzou has really fell down the last two years. 

Referencing earlier post from Deldabull saying he is from Missouri, skeptical that USF will beat Wisconsin.  Show me... I was simply stating that they have showed me nothing to believe they can beat UW and I still believe, not from Missouri.  Agreed Mizzou even with an NFL QB struggled last year.’,  they don’t have the depth to compete in the SEC this year either IMO. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

Alot of people on this board are going to be sorely disappointed when they wake up Saturday morning August 31st and USF is 0-1.  Wisconsin is a guaranteed loss.  Take off those green and gold glasses and look at the game from a REALISTIC viewpoint and you will see.     Wisconsin by 17 to 20.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I'm very excited about Bell and the new offense but I think some people need to slow down a bit with the assuming we should be able to score at will against a P5 defense, with a brand new system, and in our very first live game action.  Not only that Whisky will shorten then game by pounding the rock so any mistakes or inefficiencies will be magnified.    Guessing some here will be ready to fire Bell Saturday morning because this is going to a very tough out.......

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

10 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I'm very excited about Bell and the new offense but I think some people need to slow down a bit with the assuming we should be able to score at will against a P5 defense, with a brand new system, and in our very first live game action.  Not only that Whisky will shorten then game by pounding the rock so any mistakes or inefficiencies will be magnified.    Guessing some here will be ready to fire Bell Saturday morning because this is going to a very tough out.......

This this this.   People need to be more realistic when assessing this team.