• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Week 1 a trap game for Wisconsin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

54 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

The game will be decided by the opening coin toss. If we win the toss, take the ball, score and make them play from behind all game. Then you will make them throw the ball, which will increase our chances.

The additions of Macon, Burnett and Studstill will give us a much better chance against the run.  Our DE's should be solid with plenty of size. 

This D will be night and day different from last year, for the good.

Uhh...no. I have seen Wisconsin down by more than two scores and they continued to pound the ball. The only way they start passing is if they are significantly down late in the game. 

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

That game in 2014 was also significantly shortened by the power I CWT ran then plus the game was tied at halftime. If they're playing a freshmen, load the box with 8 and force them to beat you over the top. 

We don't have the likes of Deadrin Senat up the middle anymore. I like our chances if we can do a Navy 2016, but beyond that the only way to get ahead of them is to keep scoring and force them to try and keep up with you. This is a Big 10 team playing in the sweltering Florida heat in August, not in the end of the season in better conditions. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

That  is definitely the game plan however the way the D played last year, I hope 8 is enough.  The concern is Wisconsin will wear our D down with long sustained drives and their ball control will be the difference as they pull away in the second half, regardless of how swamp A$$ the weather is.  No idea what the new offense is capable of however feel a lot better now with KB over Sterling.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

That  is definitely the game plan however the way the D played last year, I hope 8 is enough.  The concern is Wisconsin will wear our D down with long sustained drives and their ball control will be the difference as they pull away in the second half, regardless of how swamp A$$ the weather is.  No idea what the new offense is capable of however feel a lot better now with KB over Sterling.

If we don’t have some depth on defense we are probably going to have a hard time winning. That being said, if it is a shootout, that won’t hurt our chances. Offense has got to mix up. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

No biggie... Taylor is only the best RB in college football next year. If they throw the ball more than 20 times, their OC needs to get left at the airport. Ditto for UCF, Memphis, and Cincy, who all have top 15 RBs. Our defense is going to get tested early and often this season.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

I'd hardly call it a trap game.  More like a 'holy **** we didn't know these guys would be good when we scheduled them' game.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

16 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Pretty sure it won't take many plays for them to drive it down the field.  I'm putting the Over/Under plays per TD drive for Wisc at 8.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

Gonna find out in 94 days!

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

On 5/27/2019 at 8:52 AM, Corey lea said:

The game will be decided by the opening coin toss. If we win the toss, take the ball, score and make them play from behind all game. Then you will make them throw the ball, which will increase our chances.

The additions of Macon, Burnett and Studstill will give us a much better chance against the run.  Our DE's should be solid with plenty of size. 

I think JUCO Transfer  Tyrik Jones shall be an impact player as well. I also feel Thomas Nance will be an impact player as a Freshman. He is coming in at 240Ibs and is a str8 up athlete. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On 5/27/2019 at 8:52 AM, Corey lea said:

I like your idea, but doesn't CCS typically defer when we win the toss?

Me, if I run an offensive powerhouse like I want USF to be I take the ball and get the 7 points and don't look back.

• Upvote 1