• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Week 1 a trap game for Wisconsin

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

If we play like the last time we played a run heavy P5 school, I like our chances.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,464
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Looked him up yikes...great junior year top back in nation. Great..well no secret what Wisconsin is going to do this game for sure. 

I still have ptsd from the FSU game watching our defense trying to stop Dalvin Cook

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

If we play like the last time we played a run heavy P5 school, I like our chances.

I like our chances any game where we force 3 TOs, get two kick returns for TDs and the opponent loses their starting QB.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

Our team got bigger. I still wouldn't mind one more 300Ib DT, but if we don't get one, I'm good with who we have. I think Tyrik Jones (260), Thomas Nance (240) shall be 2 impact  DEs. We have transfer LB Patrick Macon (240) Kirk Livingstone is a solid 275 from the photos. Big John Waller trimmed up from 340 to 329Ibs at DT. I think we will see a totally new defensive squad this year. 

https://gousfbulls.com/roster.aspx?path=football&roster=2344&sort=position

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

33 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I still have ptsd from the FSU game watching our defense trying to stop Dalvin Cook

While running a nickel defense when FSU trots out 1 WR sets....

Everyone in the stadium knew they were running the ball, and CWT/Woodie runs out 5 DBs 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,612
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

I love power football, I do not love the results of power football at USF. Historically the more of the game that takes place in the trenches the greater the likelihood is that we will lose. We haven’t been able to jam it down the middle and we haven’t been able to stop it. 

We stopped Ray Rice - once - a one yard loss.  Now the rest of the time..................

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

32 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

We stopped Ray Rice - once - a one yard loss.  Now the rest of the time..................

I think Ray just ran over Selvie again.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

36 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

But what a glorious moment it was, often times I have wondered why anyone wouldn’t just run it up the middle of the line until we actually figure out a way to stop it. Which we haven’t done effectively in about 21 years, maybe that’s why Gilbert, CWT and CSH were so convinced they could run up the middle after all it worked every single time in practice (in game not so much).

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

By trap, do you mean they will be trapping left and trapping right with a few pulling guards in between? 

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

The more I think about this game the more important I think it is to win it. With all the attention our scheduling is getting recently I believe winning this game sends a clear message to recruits and the teams we're scheduling that we mean business.

We should have all the advantages of preparation heading in as well. We know their game plan. With Hornibrook transfering and Doak Walker winner Jonathan Taylor in their backfield it's a pretty safe bet to say stopping the run is paramount. It's redemption time for CCS and Brian Jean-Mary. Was last season an aberration or foreshadowing of we should expect during this tenure? It's time to put up or shut up.

On the offensive side there isn't much tape to go off of to prepare for Kerwin Bell's schemes. I'm sure the talent level here is going to allow him to do things that he wasn't able to do at Valdosta St. or JU. 

Will we continue middling success or finally get some momentum and steam back into the program?