• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Battle and McCloud in comparison to Flowers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

C'mon Q did not have an NFL arm, maybe he could throw a duck a long way and win a punt pass and kick event however he lacked the accuracy necessary to even play QB in Canada and could never throw the deep out.    USF beats UCF 2 years ago in Orlando if he hits Mitchell over the middle on an easy throw to go up 13 late (threw it 10 yards over his head). These 2 will be more accurate than Q ever was or KB will find another option.

I said this last year but got my ass chewed out by many on this board. But I still stand by my statement...you sir are correct. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

So are the Louisville fans ...

They were once in our conference so I don't consider them P5.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

19 hours ago, Triple B said:

So are the Louisville fans ...

6 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

They were once in our conference so I don't consider them P5.  

They were a real P5 stuck in the G5, unlike our delusional brethren to the northeast ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

19 hours ago, Friscobull said:

C'mon Q did not have an NFL arm, maybe he could throw a duck a long way and win a punt pass and kick event however he lacked the accuracy necessary to even play QB in Canada and could never throw the deep out.    USF beats UCF 2 years ago in Orlando if he hits Mitchell over the middle on an easy throw to go up 13 late (threw it 10 yards over his head). These 2 will be more accurate than Q ever was or KB will find another option.

16 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I said this last year but got my ass chewed out by many on this board. But I still stand by my statement...you sir are correct. 

Not exactly sure what you two consider "late" but the only pass to Wilcox that might fit the criteria for that, according the pbp, was with around 2 minutes left in the 3rd qtr. There's no way you can sit here and definitively say we win that game with that much time left even up by 13.... and before you try making our GOAT the goat for that game, here's what he did do in that game, which included a school record for total yards. To me, it looks like he had the arm strength for all types of throws and made them, just not the consistency needed for the next level..... which if that's what's meant by "accuracy", I agree .... but talking about just throwing ducks a long way isn't defensible.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

I first want to say that I love Q like everyone else, and if you think I inferred that he was the goat of that game then you are mistaken.  He was awesome however he routinely missed easy throws throughout the season and up 13 going into the 4th would have made a huge if not the difference in the game.  If he had an NFL arm he would be a QB in the NFL, simple as that.  Don’t give me the size issue as the reason, he was wildly inaccurate at times.  Most of his big throws were long passes and not precision outs, and placement balls, just watch his numerous highlights.