Hi Guest,

Just a note to point out our TBP-initiated drive to raise funds for the Bulls Football IPF - doing our share, and more.  Please consider donating at least $23 to the effort, and passing on to others as well.  You can read more about the project at the link above.  

ipfrenderinside.jpg

Go Bulls!

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
Corey lea

Battle and McCloud in comparison to Flowers

On 5/21/2019 at 3:45 PM, BrassBulls12 said:

Chad Morris was 14-22 when Arkansas hired him..........I'm just saying, if you think one good season isn't enough for a P5 team to come calling, you are sadly mistaken. 

Morris had SMU trending up though. His first year he went 2-10, 2nd year he went 5-7, and third year he went 7-5.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Morris had SMU trending up though. His first year he went 2-10, 2nd year he went 5-7, and third year he went 7-5.

The point was that it really won’t take much for someone to be interested. If CCS gets eight wins, someone will call. The CFB world doesn't view CCs the way this board does. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

The point was that it really won’t take much for someone to be interested. If CCS gets eight wins, someone will call. The CFB world doesn't view CCs the way this board does. 

Just ask the Texas fans.   They are part of the CFB world last I looked.

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

And......? 

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

So are the Louisville fans ...

On 5/19/2019 at 8:09 PM, Calibull said:

Indeed... It was his first start.  That was a miserable weather game... Wasn't one of Willie's best moments.  lol

yup :thumbsup:

upper 30's and drizzled the whole game, Andre Davis had a nice non call push off for the winning 4 yd TD, DJ also had a circus catch, felt like they had 5-6 4th down conversions in the last 10 minutes.  Q's 1/2 bro had was murdered earlier in the week and he played poorly due to the weather, tragedy and CWT's failed power offense which was absolutely awful. SMU was winless that year and under Q they put up a big goose egg in his 50 minutes of play.  Q will always be the most athletic QB ever to play here but his arm strength and accuracy were average at best.  Hard to compare the QB'S  at this stage due to completely different offensive schemes,  AD Harlan had to threaten to fire CWT to get him to spread the ball after that season and the main reason why Taggert is basking in millions, great one year recruiter (Flowers, Mack, Johnson, Senate , McCants etc...and key transfers  (Wr's) but not much of a coach which is coming to light now.

So... McCloud and Battle are or are not better  than QF? What consensus did we come to?

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So... McCloud and Battle are or are not better  than QF? What consensus did we come to?

Way too early, Q is a legendary QB that could not pass with accuracy but was elusive and the best athlete on the field most of the time.  The other guys are unknown but I will guarantee a few things, they have stronger arms and will pass with more accuracy however will not be as elusive and are not as athletic, who will be better lays in KB's hands, who knows.

Just now, Friscobull said:

Way too early, Q is a legendary QB that could not pass with accuracy but was elusive and the best athlete on the field most of the time.  The other guys are unknown but I will guarantee a few things, they have stronger arms and will pass with more accuracy however will not be as elusive and are not as athletic, who will be better lays in KB's hands, who knows.

But we had multiple threads over the past few years remarked on how QF could throw a ball 70 yards in the air! Are you telling me we now have two QBs who have better than NFL arms?

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

But we had multiple threads over the past few years remarked on how QF could throw a ball 70 yards in the air! Are you telling me we now have two QBs who have better than NFL arms?

C'mon Q did not have an NFL arm, maybe he could throw a duck a long way and win a punt pass and kick event however he lacked the accuracy necessary to even play QB in Canada and could never throw the deep out.    USF beats UCF 2 years ago in Orlando if he hits Mitchell over the middle on an easy throw to go up 13 late (threw it 10 yards over his head). These 2 will be more accurate than Q ever was or KB will find another option.