• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Battle and McCloud in comparison to Flowers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

50 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Good observations. I think in this system both could be as prolific when you add up all factors such as talent around ad balance of scheme.

I agree... I think based on what I've actually seen.  It's no fluke nobody has stopped Bells offense as of yet at any level.  I like McCloud and Battles maturity... they both look way more comfortable doing things than we're used to with young guys.  I think one of them will break through... but I think it's too early to say who.  I like them both for different reasons.  When it's all said and done, one could end up breaking a bunch of school records.  I could see that scenario happening in the future. 

Also, I do think QB recruiting has gotten a lot better for us. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, Calibull said:

Q never redshirted.  Taggart blew his redshirt early his freshman year against NC State.  

Thought it was vs SMU, but that may have been his first start not first playing time.  What a miserable weather day that was.  Mike White came in for the last couple drives, then Willie tried to call a time out that we didn't have.  Bench signaled in a play and White threw the last second TD.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Thought it was vs SMU, but that may have been his first start not first playing time.  What a miserable weather day that was.  Mike White came in for the last couple drives, then Willie tried to call a time out that we didn't have.  Bench signaled in a play and White threw the last second TD.

Smu was flowers first start but he did play a little against nc state. The smu start was a few days after his brother was killed and was won when white came back in the fourth quarter

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

21 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Indeed... It was his first start.  That was a miserable weather game... Wasn't one of Willie's best moments.  lol

18 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Smu was flowers first start but he did play a little against nc state. The smu start was a few days after his brother was killed and was won when white came back in the fourth quarter

yup :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

17 hours ago, E.T. said:

Not to hijack the thread, but would highly doubt Bell departs after next season - no matter the success. He will have great talent here in 2020 and beyond to build his resume and exposure.

Go BULLS !!!

This ↓

15 hours ago, Corey lea said:

If Bell puts up video game numbers like he did at Valdosta a few things could happen.

1. Strong gets a better job and he hoes with him.

2. Strong leaves and Bell becomes HC.

3. A p5 comes in and offers him bug money to run the offense.

4. A school comes in and pays him to be a HC.

#2 is best case scenario unless CCS actually shows his defensive prowess, then all of them staying would be best case.

#'s 1, 3 and 4 - can't compete with $$$$$$$$$. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,517
  • Days Won:  28

21 hours ago, Corey lea said:

How do you compare Battle and McCloud in comparison to Flowers in the first year?

Arm Strength?

Mobility?

Ability to extend plays? 

At this stage I think all three possess different measurables and immeasurable. If KB stays the newbies will have more weapons and a more dynamic offense l.

2020 USF QB recruit Jordan Smith shall be our future GOAT...well if he actually signs with us. I'm calling it now!!!

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,517
  • Days Won:  28

3 hours ago, BDYZR said:

This ↓

#2 is best case scenario unless CCS actually shows his defensive prowess, then all of them staying would be best case.

3 hours ago, BDYZR said:

This ↓

I just don't see Strong leaving USF if he has success. He has a great out of conference scheduled lined up up until 2027.  If Kerwin Bell leaves,  then Shawn King will fill the OC position.  He is in the middle of a recruiting hotbed. Tampa is a beautiful place to live. e already has Florida roots and they are probably much deeper now. USF lacks any type of football accolades, so CCS has a pretty easy path to cement his legacy here. Unless UF comes calling, I doubt he leaves...at least not for another 3-8 years. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I just don't see Strong leaving USF if he has success. He has a great out of conference scheduled lined up up until 2027.  If Kerwin Bell leaves,  then Shawn King will fill the OC position.  He is in the middle of a recruiting hotbed. Tampa is a beautiful place to live. e already has Florida roots and they are probably much deeper now. USF lacks any type of football accolades, so CCS has a pretty easy path to cement his legacy here. Unless UF comes calling, I doubt he leaves...at least not for another 3-8 years. 

Good lord have heard the above about CWT and he left. There is zero loyalty kid when it comes to college football coaching. They will all leave for more $ and a chance to actually play for a national championship...it is as old as the Old Testament...aint no one staying when the $ are offered.  

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

There is no comparison 

• Upvote 1