Hi Guest,

Just a note to point out our TBP-initiated drive to raise funds for the Bulls Football IPF - doing our share, and more.  Please consider donating at least $23 to the effort, and passing on to others as well.  You can read more about the project at the link above.  

ipfrenderinside.jpg

Go Bulls!

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
Corey lea

Battle and McCloud in comparison to Flowers

How do you compare Battle and McCloud in comparison to Flowers in the first year?

Arm Strength?

Mobility?

Ability to extend plays? 

At this stage I think all three possess different measurables and immeasurable. If KB stays the newbies will have more weapons and a more dynamic offense l.

44 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

... If KB stays the newbies will have more weapons and a more dynamic offense l.

Not to hijack the thread, but would highly doubt Bell departs after next season - no matter the success. He will have great talent here in 2020 and beyond to build his resume and exposure.

Go BULLS !!!

They have played in one glorified scrimmage. You can't compare them. 

• Upvote 3

I respectfully disagree. At one time Q was a redshirt. Was not always a magician.

• Downvote 1
  • ???? 1

2 hours ago, E.T. said:

Not to hijack the thread, but would highly doubt Bell departs after next season - no matter the success. He will have great talent here in 2020 and beyond to build his resume and exposure.

Go BULLS !!!

If Bell puts up video game numbers like he did at Valdosta a few things could happen.

1. Strong gets a better job and he hoes with him.

2. Strong leaves and Bell becomes HC.

3. A p5 comes in and offers him bug money to run the offense.

4. A school comes in and pays him to be a HC.

54 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

I respectfully disagree. At one time Q was a redshirt. Was not always a magician.

You have no idea if their skills will translate to the field when live bullets are flying. Any comparison would be a guess at best. 

1 hour ago, Corey lea said:

Q never redshirted.  Taggart blew his redshirt early his freshman year against NC State.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Corey lea said:

How do you compare Battle and McCloud in comparison to Flowers in the first year?

Arm Strength?

Mobility?

Ability to extend plays? 

At this stage I think all three possess different measurables and immeasurable. If KB stays the newbies will have more weapons and a more dynamic offense l.

I think both guys have better arm strength than Flowers.  Flowers was a dynamic player but arm strength was never a strong point.

I think Flowers is was just a better talent with his feet than both of these guys, even his freshman year.  He showed flashes, especially against SMU... I dont think either of those guys will have the mobility Flowers had... ever.

I don't think we have a gauge of any of them in regards to extending plays.  Flowers didn't do much of that his first year.  

1 hour ago, Corey lea said:

And was never a redshirt.

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

And was never a redshirt.

2 hours ago, Calibull said:

I think both guys have better arm strength than Flowers.  Flowers was a dynamic player but arm strength was never a strong point.

I think Flowers is was just a better talent with his feet than both of these guys, even his freshman year.  He showed flashes, especially against SMU... I dont think either of those guys will have the mobility Flowers had... ever.

I don't think we have a gauge of any of them in regards to extending plays.  Flowers didn't do much of that his first year.  

Good observations. I think in this system both could be as prolific when you add up all factors such as talent around ad balance of scheme.

• ???? 1