• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Article by UCF spokesperson Mike Bianchi, explaining the UCF gripe

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

55 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

Yes, but to be fair, you have to deduct off the  250K that USF is paying UF to show up off of the 750K USF is getting paid to play.

Giving 12K away to uf fans is makig it oretty tough on the USF players. uf will buy all 12K, plus some USF sesaon ticket holders will demand a ransom for the best seats, and get it, assuring a ton of uf fans. 

It's not a deal I would make, but so be it. 

But, the 2.5M buy out was VERY wise, well done IMO.

Per the TBT

The contract, released Tuesday morning by USF, calls for the Bulls to receive a total of $750,000 for its two trips to Gainesville. Accompanying that sum will be the virtual assurance of no fewer than 60,000 fans (and a nice profit) for its '23 home game against the Gators.

UF will receive $250,000 for its visit to Tampa. The per-game buyout is $2.5 million, according to the contract. Additionally, USF will receive 6,000 tickets to sell its fans for each of its trips to Gainesville; Florida gets 12,000 for the game in Tampa.

I think USF does a good job of realistically understanding their negotiating position, while UCF (in my opinion) has either grossly overestimated their leverage, or is wrapping this into their marketing campaign and milking any and all publicity while taking a seemingly absurd position.

It may just work for them, but not looking too good so far in terms of actual football scheduling. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

I think USF does a good job of realistically understanding their negotiating position, while UCF (in my opinion) has either grossly overestimated their leverage, or is wrapping this into their marketing campaign and milking any and all publicity while taking a seemingly absurd position.

It may just work for them, but not looking too good so far in terms of actual football scheduling. 

Yep, time will tell, and in my book, the bet is, can Danny White find 2 P5 games per year, or thereabouts. This year is done, 2020 ( and as a side note, many P5 AD's are bolstering 2020 and beyond schedules to prep for a new TV contract, and a better strength of  schedule) is done with NC and G Tech, 2021, he needs 1 with The Ville signed, 2022, has G Tech and The Ville, 2023, none, 2024 NC , so he has a lot done already. He has a bond issue to deal with, so he can't give away many homes games, he has sold out his season tickets, turns away several K students each game, and sells 3-5K away team seats. If UCF wins, he is locked and loaded, if they trip, things go south fast IMO.