• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

56 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Hoffman 

Stuart, Koff, and Yager missed time. There may be more than I don't know. 

This season was a disappointment, no other way around that. Next season will be tough. I asked this question earlier, not sure if anyone answered it but, which pitcher has Mohl made better than their natural ability? Even our first rounder never really made strides in improving the weak part of his game. 

Exactly. Would any of those guys have made a diff?  Stuart pitched 47.2 innings @ 5.78, Koff, 21 innings @ 4.05,  Yeager was decent, 30.2 @ 3.82  Maybe combined they would have gotten us one extra win in conference which would have made the difference. But thats a big maybe. Were they better than their replacements?  i dunno. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

10 minutes ago, JTrue said:

He’s not going to FIU for the 2020 season?

I guess that’s possible. I was under the impression he was heading there this season. 

6 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

Exactly. Would any of those guys have made a diff?  Stuart pitched 47.2 innings @ 5.78, Koff, 21 innings @ 4.05,  Yeager was decent, 30.2 @ 3.82  Maybe combined they would have gotten us one extra win in conference which would have made the difference. But thats a big maybe. Were they better than their replacements?  i dunno. 

Stuart had some good starts at the end of the season after he got some time off. I think he was pitching hurt to start the year and it showed. Hoffman could have been big for us on the back end, we had to rely to much on Alvarez. 

That said. I’m not sure CBM has really done much to develop pitchers on top of some question decisions regarding pitching changes. Look at someone like Burns, who just has never gotten better. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

11 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I guess that’s possible. I was under the impression he was heading there this season. 

2017 - USF

2018 - Injury RS at USF

2019 - JuCo

2020 - FIU

2021 - FIU

If he had left us for his JuCo in 2018, I doubt they'd have put him on scholarship for two years just to get 1 out of him and I don't think FIU would have given him much money either just to rehab on their roster. Whether it was intentional or not, staying with us for 2018 probably worked out well for him. Also, would he have been eligible at FIU this year? I think he'd have had to transfer there, injury or not, and sit for 2018 on their roster to be able to play in 2019.

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

2017 - USF

2018 - Injury RS at USF

2019 - JuCo

2020 - FIU

2021 - FIU

If he had left us for his JuCo in 2018, I doubt they'd have put him on scholarship for two years just to get 1 out of him and I don't think FIU would have given him much money either just to rehab on their roster. Whether it was intentional or not, staying with us for 2018 probably worked out well for him. Also, would he have been eligible at FIU this year? I think he'd have had to transfer there, injury or not, and sit for 2018 on their roster to be able to play in 2019.

Makes sense. I was mistaken. His Twitter still says “FIU commit” so he must still be going there for 2020. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,986
  • Days Won:  469

Does this information effect the Fire Mohl effort?

:angrymob:

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

Does this information effect the Fire Mohl effort?

:angrymob:

Nope. Mohl will 100% be here for 2020. We'll go 35-25 and finish 6th in the conference and fire him. Then we'll go looking for the least exciting candidate possible...like, the head coach for Campbell. He seems like our kind of guy. Allows us to say we don't accept mediocrity, but not really do anything to invest in change.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

18 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Nope. Mohl will 100% be here for 2020. We'll go 35-25 and finish 6th in the conference and fire him. Then we'll go looking for the least exciting candidate possible...like, the head coach for Campbell. He seems like our kind of guy. Allows us to say we don't accept mediocrity, but not really do anything to invest in change.

I have more faith in MK than that. 

11 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I have more faith in MK than that. 

The impending baseball hire in 2020 and whether or not he ponies up to keep Gregory around after next season when some bigger school comes knocking will tell us a lot about where MK and the athletic department stand.

Edited by JTrue

I think Kelly gives Mohl a price it year next season, but I don’t think many would question him for making a move, he can’t really make a bad decision this season.