• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

11 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

This season was without a doubt a complete disappointment. Completely understand having some struggles with the injuries to pitchers during the season, but for being the pitching coach Mohl continues to have questionable decision making when it comes to situational pitching at crucial times. I don't see Mohl getting axed after only his second season, but his seat is flaming hot. We may not be a dream job, but you'd be hard to find a coach that would not want to coach here.

The injuries to pitchers were unfortunate, but we were still 200th in the nation in offense and struck out almost 10 times a game.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

4 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

This is a dumpster fire waiting to happen next year. The 1-9 lineup will be completely devoid of experience and power. Regardless of how the pitching looks, I don’t see how they score runs in 2020.

Ive been saying that all year long. J Sullivan can hit and maybe Cortez although small sample size for him. But after that what?  Santos going to raise his BA by 50 points? Bello and Bodrata going to each raise their OB% 75pts? In one year? I doubt it highly. And thats not even starting to get into pitching? What Ragsdale is gonna come back and do so great in long relief that no starter will have to pitch more than 4 innings? Or maybe we deploy the opener like the Rays? That'll be great. Well at least the bar will be low enough that ill be happy if we just make it to the tourney next year. LOL.....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

The injuries to pitchers were unfortunate, but we were still 200th in the nation in offense and struck out almost 10 times a game.

I keep hearing about these injuries to pitchers? Can someone refresh my memory, all I knew about was Ragsdale. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Hoffman 

Stuart, Koff, and Yager missed time. There may be more than I don't know. 

This season was a disappointment, no other way around that. Next season will be tough. I asked this question earlier, not sure if anyone answered it but, which pitcher has Mohl made better than their natural ability? Even our first rounder never really made strides in improving the weak part of his game. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

17 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Hoffman 

Stuart, Koff, and Yager missed time. There may be more than I don't know. 

This season was a disappointment, no other way around that. Next season will be tough. I asked this question earlier, not sure if anyone answered it but, which pitcher has Mohl made better than their natural ability? Even our first rounder never really made strides in improving the weak part of his game. 

That’s a pretty easy answer. Not one.  In fact, McClanahan regressed quite a bit last season. 

9 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

That’s a pretty easy answer. Not one.  In fact, McClanahan regressed quite a bit last season. 

And our would be ace this year transferred and never pitched an inning for Mohl.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Who is Mohl?

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, JTrue said:

And our would be ace this year transferred and never pitched an inning for Mohl.

Who?

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

8 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

Who?

Roberts 

20 minutes ago, JTrue said:

And he ended up not even going FIU. Elected to stay at his JUCO instead

Edited by BrassBulls12

10 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Roberts 

And he ended up not even going FIU. Elected to stay at his JUCO instead

He’s not going to FIU for the 2020 season?