• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

Finishing 9th and last while being the only team to miss our conference tournament is inexcusable!

This was another poor hire by Harlan!

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  56

I’m not normally the guy to agree with this so early, but my gut tells me there’s no way Mohl is the guy to get it done long term at USF. Kelly won’t make this move, but I sure wouldn’t talk against it if he did.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I’m not normally the guy to agree with this so early, but my gut tells me there’s no way Mohl is the guy to get it done long term at USF. Kelly won’t make this move, but I sure wouldn’t talk against it if he did.

We still have to scuffle along to a 35-25 season next year and a 6th place finish in the AAC before Mohl gets fired. It's going to happen, but it won't happen this year.

10 hours ago, JTrue said:

We still have to scuffle along to a 35-25 season next year and a 6th place finish in the AAC before Mohl gets fired. It's going to happen, but it won't happen this year.

Take a look at the roster. It’s almost a total rebuild next year. It could be worse than this year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I am the last guy to say a change is needed. I think stability on the top of a organization is the greatest predictor of success. With that being said, you either have to try to be a Florida team that fails to make their conference tournament or you have to be so completely inept that your ineptitude undermines the quality of the players on your team (see Skippy) I get a rebuild. I get it. But the Bulls failed to make an 8 team tournament with only 9 teams to choose from. I could understand it if we lived in Connecticut or even Ohio, but holy smoke. This is a state where kids play baseball year round and have more exposure to the game in 3 years of playing then the northern teams do in 5. Again you would have to try to find the lowest talented players to create a college team in Florida to not make a tournament. Or you simply suck and you undermine the talent that is there. Either way there is a problem with the recruiting or the coaching, either way it Mohl's fault. Bottom line. This is tantamount to losing to McNeese St. 

IMO, and i never say this, but if there was interest in creating a bigtime baseball team that could compete with our own softball team in putting people in the stands, Mohl has got to go. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, cophbulls said:

I am the last guy to say a change is needed. I think stability on the top of a organization is the greatest predictor of success. With that being said, you either have to try to be a Florida team that fails to make their conference tournament or you have to be so completely inept that your ineptitude undermines the quality of the players on your team (see Skippy) I get a rebuild. I get it. But the Bulls failed to make an 8 team tournament with only 9 teams to choose from. I could understand it if we lived in Connecticut or even Ohio, but holy smoke. This is a state where kids play baseball year round and have more exposure to the game in 3 years of playing then the northern teams do in 5. Again you would have to try to find the lowest talented players to create a college team in Florida to not make a tournament. Or you simply suck and you undermine the talent that is there. Either way there is a problem with the recruiting or the coaching, either way it Mohl's fault. Bottom line. This is tantamount to losing to McNeese St. 

IMO, and i never say this, but if there was interest in creating a bigtime baseball team that could compete with our own softball team in putting people in the stands, Mohl has got to go. 

BuT He MaDe ThE ToUrNaMeNt LaSt YeAr. With literally none of his players, and lost in a round where FOR ONCE DIDN’T HAVE TO GO TO GAINESVILLE. I get that most of his players weren’t his this season, either, but with the amount of seniors and experience we lose next year, along with not knowing who all we’ve recruited to give us hope, this program looks bleak when in reality we shouldn’t be THIS bad. I’m honestly more fired up about this than football. At least with football we have a coach with experience as well as offensive hope. Baseball was my sport for 15 years and I’ve seen too much talent in come in and out of Florida to accept this. 

Edited by OcalaBull2

• Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

This season was without a doubt a complete disappointment. Completely understand having some struggles with the injuries to pitchers during the season, but for being the pitching coach Mohl continues to have questionable decision making when it comes to situational pitching at crucial times. I don't see Mohl getting axed after only his second season, but his seat is flaming hot. We may not be a dream job, but you'd be hard to find a coach that would not want to coach here.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

This season was without a doubt a complete disappointment. Completely understand having some struggles with the injuries to pitchers during the season, but for being the pitching coach Mohl continues to have questionable decision making when it comes to situational pitching at crucial times. I don't see Mohl getting axed after only his second season, but his seat is flaming hot. We may not be a dream job, but you'd be hard to find a coach that would not want to coach here.

Look, I get not making the NCAAs every year, i know who we are, but to not make the conf tourney where you are the host? I can't think of a worse outcome. I can't think of a more fire-able reason (outside of something adminsitrative)  We've seen this coming now for weeks but its still a bit of a shock when I realize I wont be heading over to Clearwater next week.  

This is a dumpster fire waiting to happen next year. The 1-9 lineup will be completely devoid of experience and power. Regardless of how the pitching looks, I don’t see how they score runs in 2020.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

He won’t be fired, but for the good of the program long term, please don’t fill the roster with JUCOs next year in an effort to save your job. That will only prolong the rebuild.