• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

USF Softball - NCAA Tournament

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, BrassBulls12 said:

That’s true. If we lose this regional (which is a good probability if we are honest) it’s nothing to hang out head about. 

I would really like to see FSU and OK in the final. That could be a fireworks type of series. 

FSU's offense is bonkers. Have you been looking at their stats? Like half their team has double digit HRs.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

FSU's offense is bonkers. Have you been looking at their stats? Like half their team has double digit HRs.

It’s insane. The third basemen is probably the best player in college softball. The Mason girl ( a Tampa girl) can straight up rake as well. But the best hitter in college softball is the. Big bopper for OK. 

PS I’m not good with names in college softball for some reason. 

Edit: OK big bopper is Jocelyn Alo and I had to do was google Oklahoma softball hitter for her player profile to come up. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Days Won:  55

Elimination Saturday is complete - just as expected. The softball program has always been the same as the baseball program - they struggle to produce any offense against higher caliber teams.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,250
  • Days Won:  1

Softball really needs to fix some bats to help Georgina. 

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

So disappointing. This program never seems to win when it matters. I'll never understand how having team USA's head coach doesn't translate into more on field national success.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

image.jpg
WWW.USFORACLE.COM

Georgina Corrick greets catcher Macy Cook following an inning against South Carolina on Saturday at the NCAA Regional in Tallahassee.

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

So disappointing. This program never seems to win when it matters. I'll never understand how having team USA's head coach doesn't translate into more on field national success.

Not real sissapointing.

If u look at this realistically.  We were never going to beat THIS FSU team.  And getting a split againd an SEC team with the loss in extra innings is not a bad showing.

Sad reality is we are a good softball program but nowhere near the power house type team that wins regionals and goes to world series....san that one year a few years back we had that lucky draw playing a depleted Florida and got Hofstra at home in the Super Regional.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  2

Jonesy Bull is right we had the Great Sara in 2012 but some luck to make it to the WCWS.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Part of the problem for us is geography. We always seem to get placed in FSU and Florida's region and they are always tough. In some years we get placed there despite our RPI suggesting that we should get a team that is ranked in the 8 to 16 range. That makes a huge difference, especially in women's sports where the top 6 or 7 teams seem to always be light-years ahead of the rest of the pack.

The remedy to that of course is to win enough OOC in the regular season to get to host a regional. This has been one of our most consistent programs over the years, so I really can't get down on Ken Erickson. I highly doubt the alternatives would be any better.