Site News
  • TBP Ticker

Hi Guest,

In our efforts to raise funds for USF Football, the site is giving away a football season full of ad-free surfing at The Bulls Pen.

Would you consider buying a ticket or two to the raffle that will award this to you or a fellow member of the board?

Each ticket purchase goes directly to our effort to raise $10K in "fan money" for the program.  Below is the link:

The Bulls Pen Ad-free Raffle in support of USF Football

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Next:  vs. SMU 9/28 Time TBD

1 2 3 4 Total
    SC State 3 0 6 7 16
    Bulls 7 17 17 14 55

McCloud 16/27, 217 yds, 3 TDs; 12 carries 56 yds, 2 TDs
    Ford 3 carries, 37 yds, TD; 4 recs, 100 yds, TD
  • Members do not see this ad, Register today

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

Here is the reality check: They do have four conference championships, under three different head coaches no less. Plus three undefeated conference seasons. All of this happened in the past six years. I would gladly suffer through an 0-12 season if I was going to get four conference championships in the next six years + NY6 Bowl games.

Winning C-USA championships hardly qualifies you to be the voice of college football and worthy of criticizing other programs. My point is there has always been an arrogance - or perhaps compensation for some sort of inferiority complex - there and it’s not warranted just because of the past two years. As high as their “up” seasons of late have been, they have some equally “down” moments on their resume. Their finest season to date was two years ago and our team was every bit as good that year.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

So does the difference in our scheduling philosophies signal who’s all in on the American’s Power 6 nonsense (UCF) and who’s not (USF)? Puc should take this as a huge positive sign.  🙂

Edited by Dave_Glaser

Aren't we still mad at them for slapping together that dangerous, rust bucket of a stadium?  It doesn't resonate P5 at all!

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

So does the difference in our scheduling philosophies signal who’s all in on the American’s Power 6 nonsense (UCF) and who’s not (USF)? Puc should take this as a huge positive sign.  🙂

If UCF hates it then it’s probably good for us and bad for them, building up the P6, unititing with UCF and trying to be the dearest Dalit is a fools errand I’m glad we are hopefully distancing ourselves from. The only things wrong with our current scheduling is that it’s too AAC heavy and we play UCF 💯 too much. If we could actually load up on UF, Miami and P5 2 for ones I would gladly trade away half our home games against the dreck we have surrounded ourselves with. I’m willing to bet even with half the games our overall attendance would be higher, along with greater excitement and community involvement to be topped off with reduction in opex cherry on top. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Let’s settle this on the field.  For the sake of all that is good, beat Central.

take back the trophy so they can shut their holes.

There's a trophy ...?

45 minutes ago, Brad said:

Aren't we still mad at them for slapping together that dangerous, rust bucket of a stadium?  It doesn't resonate P5 at all!

Their rationale on that is most P5's started in stadiums like that ..... ignoring the fact that most were a multitude of decades ago and it was cutting edge at that time ..... ******* idiots.

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

There's a trophy ...?

The Orlampa Award 🙄

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Triple B said:

So you're saying that you think they ARE God's gift to college football?

No, Nick Saban is. 

Edited by Basketball Jones

14 hours ago, Triple B said:

Totally agree about the championships ....but there are only 3 bowl games that matter and it's going to be a long while, if ever, before we have a legit shot at one. Personally, I love the B'ham trip .... Memphis works, too, any destination type city. I never want to hear or read (Tampa Stadium) Bowl and USF in the same sentence again, but also realize that in our current situation it will come up again ..... just hope it's a long while.

NY6 Bowl games matter. I've never before heard or read Birmingham or Memphis as a destination city.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. went to Memphis in 1968 to support a sanitation workers strike. There was trash in the streets. Some of that trash is still in the streets of Memphis today.

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

There's a trophy ...?

Of course, don't you remember slick got one made?

• Haha 1