Jump to content

Hi Guest,

Just a note to point out our TBP-initiated drive to raise funds for the Bulls Football IPF - doing our share, and more.  Please consider donating at least $23 to the effort, and passing on to others as well.  You can read more about the project at the link above.  

ipfrenderinside.jpg

Go Bulls!

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

    Join today and reduce ads presented

  • Members do not see this ad, Register today

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Brad said:

Always an option.  For many, struggling through anonymity is not what most Bulls fans want.  If you're UCF and you spent decades in CUSA or MAC and toiling in D-II and D-IAA AND now the aac, you're probably in heaven.  We have the burden of having actually played at a high level.  It is being addressed with non-conference opponents not a hopeless P6 disinformation campaign - or closing the whole thing down.

Which reinforces my opinion that the "quick" jump to a BCS conference, along with the #2 notoriety, are turning out to be the worst things to have happened to USF football in light of the demotion. The only cure for those Bulls fans you're referring to is going to be getting back to that upper level conference. The only thing I envy about the Kanigit fan base is that it was allowed to grow organically, which is why their reaction to their current "success" differs from how our fanbase would have reacted .................... I think, anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Triple B said:

The only cure for those Bulls fans you're referring to is going to be getting back to that upper level conference.

I believe, returning even to the pre-Big East days of taking on the bigs will be beneficial to the program.  Agreed, it might be nice to be as ignorant to the football landscape as UCFers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who are the fools who are talking about shutting down the FB program?  These people obviously do not remember the days of no football and the pushback from the administration to even talk about starting a football program.  This is why many USF fans adored LRS.  His voice gave the idea of starting a FB program a legitimate chance.

Do these people understand how hard it is to start a FB program?  Do they know how many schools without FB are considering starting FB at their respective schools?  A few bumps in the road are not a reason to scrap the bus.  These latest schedule announcements are proof that good things will happen when you get the right people in charge.  This is also a wake up call to Coach Strong.  He has to recruit a team that can play at the level of the big boys.

Other programs in Florida took this route of going on the road to build their program.  UM and FSU come to mind.  That happened back when I was a kid, so most of these spoiled brats who are calling for the demise of USF FB were not even a twinkle in their daddy's eyes yet.

It takes time to build a program or rebuild a program.  Alabama was a pathetic program not to long ago.  Now they are the top dog.  They got the right people to lead their program and stuck with their long term plans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

well aren't u just a ray of ******* sunshine.

I am just keeping it 💯

All I am saying is that since a conference championship and a NY6 Bowl game is USF's ceiling, that is what I want to see them win. If that is the most this corrupt system will let USF compete for, then by all means I want USF to win that.

I really don't understand why I am getting push back on that position. There are people saying "NY6 Bowl doesn't matter" and "AAC Championship doesn't matter" I disagree. Especially if that is the ceiling for the USF football program. If those things don't matter, then why even have a football program?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Basketball Jones said:

I am just keeping it 💯

All I am saying is that since a conference championship and a NY6 Bowl game is USF's ceiling, that is what I want to see them win. If that is the most this corrupt system will let USF compete for, then by all means I want USF to win that.

I really don't understand why I am getting push back on that position. There are people saying "NY6 Bowl doesn't matter" and "AAC Championship doesn't matter" I disagree. Especially if that is the ceiling for the USF football program. If those things don't matter, then why even have a football program?

By any measurable the AAC does not matter. If the the AAC does not matter then its championship cannot matter. If the AAC championship does not matter then it cannot matter if USF wins it or not. Sure playing in a NY6 bowl is cool and hopefully we would be playing against a marquee team and defeating them but if we lose all of our P5 games while winning our AAC Championship we are going to the typical toilet bowl that comes from the AAC bowl allotment. Winning the AAC in tandem with winning every other game on the schedule (which everyone agrees they would prefer to win every game) creates the ultimate good but its when we have to argue about which one means more if we have to pick where we find disagreement. If we lose every P5 game but win the AAC we get zero wins of consequence to the majority of sports fans where as if we win all of P5 games but lose some AAC games we lose nothing of value and still have wins of consequence without anyone knowing whether we lost any of the games or won the conference. The AAC does not matter a simple asking anyone you pass anything about the conference should prove this fact rather quickly. The conference relies on gimmicks such as creating terms like P6 and naming it AAC in an attempt to be at the top of any alphabetical sort, much like our esteemed alumni Gallagher when you rely on gimmicks you are the joke and when you are a joke so is your championship. Not one person wants to be in the AAC, not one person likes it and I am not sure how anyone arguing its importance can expect to not have push back because the premise is laughable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

By any measurable the AAC does not matter. If the the AAC does not matter then its championship cannot matter. If the AAC championship does not matter then it cannot matter if USF wins it or not. Sure playing in a NY6 bowl is cool and hopefully we would be playing against a marquee team and defeating them but if we lose all of our P5 games while winning our AAC Championship we are going to the typical toilet bowl that comes from the AAC bowl allotment. Winning the AAC in tandem with winning every other game on the schedule (which everyone agrees they would prefer to win every game) creates the ultimate good but its when we have to argue about which one means more if we have to pick where we find disagreement. If we lose every P5 game but win the AAC we get zero wins of consequence to the majority of sports fans where as if we win all of P5 games but lose some AAC games we lose nothing of value and still have wins of consequence without anyone knowing whether we lost any of the games or won the conference. The AAC does not matter a simple asking anyone you pass anything about the conference should prove this fact rather quickly. The conference relies on gimmicks such as creating terms like P6 and naming it AAC in an attempt to be at the top of any alphabetical sort, much like our esteemed alumni Gallagher when you rely on gimmicks you are the joke and when you are a joke so is your championship. Not one person wants to be in the AAC, not one person likes it and I am not sure how anyone arguing its importance can expect to not have push back because the premise is laughable. 

The fact that you can respond with your own volume of “War and Peace,” and make it sound as fresh as the first time you made your position four years ago, says a lot about you. I will let you determine if it’s good or bad...😂🤘

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The fact that you can respond with your own volume of “War and Peace,” and make it sound as fresh as the first time you made your position four years ago, says a lot about you. I will let you determine if it’s good or bad...😂🤘

I obviously take it as a good 🤣 The world has to see everything my way and then I feel the compulsions will end.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, puc86 said:

By any measurable the AAC does not matter. If the the AAC does not matter then its championship cannot matter. If the AAC championship does not matter then it cannot matter if USF wins it or not. Sure playing in a NY6 bowl is cool and hopefully we would be playing against a marquee team and defeating them but if we lose all of our P5 games while winning our AAC Championship we are going to the typical toilet bowl that comes from the AAC bowl allotment. Winning the AAC in tandem with winning every other game on the schedule (which everyone agrees they would prefer to win every game) creates the ultimate good but its when we have to argue about which one means more if we have to pick where we find disagreement. If we lose every P5 game but win the AAC we get zero wins of consequence to the majority of sports fans where as if we win all of P5 games but lose some AAC games we lose nothing of value and still have wins of consequence without anyone knowing whether we lost any of the games or won the conference. The AAC does not matter a simple asking anyone you pass anything about the conference should prove this fact rather quickly. The conference relies on gimmicks such as creating terms like P6 and naming it AAC in an attempt to be at the top of any alphabetical sort, much like our esteemed alumni Gallagher when you rely on gimmicks you are the joke and when you are a joke so is your championship. Not one person wants to be in the AAC, not one person likes it and I am not sure how anyone arguing its importance can expect to not have push back because the premise is laughable. 

My sentiments, exactly.  Now, if people disagree, that's fine.  But at least they know with what they are disagreeing.  This way is the chosen USF way.  We don't know where it leads, but  we know where it can POSSIBLY lead.  We know where UCF's road leads.  The CFP told us.  The SoS is not strong enough.  One school decided to keep doing what they were told failed.  The other school learned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey if any of these options for supporting the program puts more butts in the seat then I am for either of them. 🤘🤘🤘

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Hey if any of these options for supporting the program puts more butts in the seat then I am for either of them. 🤘🤘🤘

Well then that’s another vote for P5 games over conference championships because early big wins will put more butts in seats than early losses against teams people use as measuring sticks for our program, being written off and then compounding victories against meaningless teams to then somehow have the totality of small victories become some monumental thing at the very end of the season when you hope people show up to one championship game that’s not a part of their season tickets, costs more money and is against a team they have never heard of before (new high personal score for longest run-on sentence).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...