• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF mad at USF... lmao

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, Basketball Jones said:

Here is the reality check: They do have four conference championships, under three different head coaches no less. Plus three undefeated conference seasons. All of this happened in the past six years. I would gladly suffer through an 0-12 season if I was going to get four conference championships in the next six years + NY6 Bowl games.

They had 0 conference championships in their first 28 years ... we've got a few more years of suffering before we hit our stride ......

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

48 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Do keep in mind that one of those championships was the season we rolled 64 points on them. One championship was a three way tie. So the two they have are legit in my book. As far as suffering through winless seasons to get a NYD win? I would have to think about that. I mean last year was a killer and it was only half way. 

I guess I just think differently. Curb stomping them in one game made me feel good for a while. But championships are forever. Winning a championship is what you play for. Even if it is a shared championship. I'll take it (hell at this point I am hoping to see USF win our division and just make it to the AAC championship game). I could take my kids to the Leroy Selmon Building and have them pose next to the conference championship trophies. Winning a NY6 bowl game, sign me up for that anytime. That is a trip I would love to make.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

49 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

They had 0 conference championships in their first 28 years ... we've got a few more years of suffering before we hit our stride ......

I guess that is one way to look at it. I just want to win championships. Earn some trophies that matter. Go to a bowl game that matters. Lord Jesus I never want to hear or read Birmingham Bowl and USF in the same sentence again.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

They have won the AAC four out of the six years the AAC has existed.   I hate ucf as much as the next guy, but I would love for USF to have that kind of resume.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

What really kills me is how they now view themselves as God’s gift to college football after TWO good seasons. Three years ago they were 6-7 and lost a bowl game to Arkansas State by 3 touchdowns. Four years ago they were 0-12. Time for a reality check for those clowns.

1 hour ago, Basketball Jones said:

Here is the reality check: They do have four conference championships, under three different head coaches no less. Plus three undefeated conference seasons. All of this happened in the past six years. I would gladly suffer through an 0-12 season if I was going to get four conference championships in the next six years + NY6 Bowl games.

So you're saying that you think they ARE God's gift to college football?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

33 minutes ago, Basketball Jones said:

I guess that is one way to look at it. I just want to win championships. Earn some trophies that matter. Go to a bowl game that matters. Lord Jesus I never want to hear or read Birmingham Bowl and USF in the same sentence again.

Totally agree about the championships ....but there are only 3 bowl games that matter and it's going to be a long while, if ever, before we have a legit shot at one. Personally, I love the B'ham trip .... Memphis works, too, any destination type city. I never want to hear or read (Tampa Stadium) Bowl and USF in the same sentence again, but also realize that in our current situation it will come up again ..... just hope it's a long while.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

49 minutes ago, Basketball Jones said:

I guess I just think differently. Curb stomping them in one game made me feel good for a while. But championships are forever. Winning a championship is what you play for. Even if it is a shared championship. I'll take it (hell at this point I am hoping to see USF win our division and just make it to the AAC championship game). I could take my kids to the Leroy Selmon Building and have them pose next to the conference championship trophies. Winning a NY6 bowl game, sign me up for that anytime. That is a trip I would love to make.

Good points all around 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Totally agree about the championships ....but there are only 3 bowl games that matter and it's going to be a long while, if ever, before we have a legit shot at one. Personally, I love the B'ham trip .... Memphis works, too, any destination type city. I never want to hear or read (Tampa Stadium) Bowl and USF in the same sentence again, but also realize that in our current situation it will come up again ..... just hope it's a long while.

I agree, after last year’s bowl, the Birmingham Bowl looks pretty **** good. Personally, I had a decent time in Birmingham when we played SC. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I agree, after last year’s bowl, the Birmingham Bowl looks pretty **** good. Personally, I had a decent time in Birmingham when we played SC. 

Me too. I remember that half a decade of 0 bowl games. But agree with Raider and Jones we need to win a freaking championship. Enough of the USF doing USF things.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

Let’s settle this on the field.  For the sake of all that is good, beat Central.

take back the trophy so they can shut their holes.