Jump to content

Hi Guest,

Just a note to point out our TBP-initiated drive to raise funds for the Bulls Football IPF - doing our share, and more.  Please consider donating at least $23 to the effort, and passing on to others as well.  You can read more about the project at the link above.  

ipfrenderinside.jpg

Go Bulls!

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

    Join today and reduce ads presented

  • Members do not see this ad, Register today

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, chapelbull said:

And I don't begrudge anyone for wanting to win a conference title.  I get it and I want to win one too, but let's not confuse winning an AAC title with improving our program's standing in the College Football world.

Pretty ignorant comment here... Nothing about it is true. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Basketball Jones said:

Yes, that's what Jordan meant. But since G5 programs are locked out of the college football playoff, the best they can do is win a conference championship and hopefully play in a NY6 Bowl game and win that. Given that uneven playing field winning a conference title is important.

I think we all know that the playoff is a farce because it is just a P5 creation and not a true NCAA Championship like in the lower levels of football or, like my favorite, the NCAA Tournament. The world would be a better place if the NCAA stepped in and ran a FBS tournament that included every conference champion.

There are only a handful of teams that realistically have a chance at a National Championship in the power 5 anyways.  Does anyone believe Purdue, Iowa State, Vanderbilt, Boston College, Pitt etc.  will ever be in the playoff.  

It will be Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, Michigan, Auburn, USC, FSU (w/o CWT.). UF, Washington and a handful of others that are big and rich. I love the recent  scheduling and beating FSU, UM, Auburn etc is awesome but been there.  I want a dam conference championship, many say it will mean nothing but that and a BCS bowl is really all that they play for and both of these would be big,

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

There are only a handful of teams that realistically have a chance at a National Championship in the power 5 anyways.  Does anyone believe Purdue, Iowa State, Vanderbilt, Boston College, Pitt etc.  will ever be in the playoff.  

 

Yeah the P5 is filled with avg at best teams the only difference is if they ever got good they would have an easier shot at the playoffs than any G5 team would and in one season compared to a G5 going multiple years in a row undefeated and no playoffs. 

Right now in college football it is Clemson and Bama then a big drop.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

...if the NCAA stepped in and ran a FBS tournament that included every conference champion.

Then conference championships mean something, not until.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Yeah the P5 is filled with avg at best teams the only difference is if they ever got good they would have an easier shot at the playoffs than any G5 team would and in one season compared to a G5 going multiple years in a row undefeated and no playoffs. 

Right now in college football it is Clemson and Bama then a big drop.

 

Agreed, can’t control the conference thing and I just try to ignore it, life is too short to bother with things mostly outside of our control.  Once we got a taste of the expensive wine Big East it has been hard to choke down the box wine known as the AAC but fortunately I like to drink and will soldier through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Calibull said:

Pretty ignorant comment here... Nothing about it is true. 

Feel free to enlighten me ...... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, chapelbull said:

And I don't begrudge anyone for wanting to win a conference title.  I get it and I want to win one too, but let's not confuse winning an AAC title with improving our program's standing in the College Football world.

 

4 hours ago, Calibull said:

Pretty ignorant comment here... Nothing about it is true. 

 

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

Feel free to enlighten me ...... 

Kind of curious myself. I'd love to finally get a conf title but I'm not sure what it does for our program's standing in the college football world. I doubt that many outside of 2 particular fan bases even know, or care, that we haven't actually already won one .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Triple B said:

 

 

Kind of curious myself. I'd love to finally get a conf title but I'm not sure what it does for our program's standing in the college football world. I doubt that many outside of 2 particular fan bases even know, or care, that we haven't actually already won one .....

It does absolutely nothing relative the football world but does everything to my world. Like the Willy Wonka kid said: “I want one and I want it now.” 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think UCF has a bad reputation for hosting other fanbases and it's coming full circle.  USF is classy and we are seeing scheduling that's gonna raise our profile win or lose.  I love the anytime anywhere philosophy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...