• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Laksa officially moves on from Bulls

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,663
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

Apparently Rader is leaving too. Thought she have made a bigger impact last. Especially with all the injuries. With Henshaw, the emergence of Leverett, and hopefully a healthy Jordao we still have some good bigs but this hurts the depth a little.

So Laska and Ferreira graduate, Radar leaves school early, and Makaela Kestner and Janeta Rozentale both transfer. With what looks to be a team with a lot less depth next year we can't afford any injuries or we'll be in a similar or worse position as this year.

Hadn't heard about Rader.  Thought she was coming back.  Kestner and Rozentale probably got the Jazz Bond talk about most likely not getting playing time.  Neither will be missed although Rozentale was very athletic.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

33 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Hadn't heard about Rader.  Thought she was coming back.  Kestner and Rozentale probably got the Jazz Bond talk about most likely not getting playing time.  Neither will be missed although Rozentale was very athletic.  

It seems to have gone under the radar.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,663
  • Days Won:  108

10 hours ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

It seems to have gone under the radar.

She was going to have surgery after the season on her knee.  Was supposed to be simple but maybe something happened????  No idea. Her dad had said she was coming back at the end of the season so wasn't even thinking about her.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

We really got the opportunity to see CJF's coaching mettle this year. He impressed me. I have been somewhat frustrated with his inability to make some game plan adjustments and to alter his recruiting over the years, but I think this season was the springboard for him as a coach to get to the elite level. Watching UCONN closely over the last few seasons, the one constant that disrupts their play is physicality. In the past, we haven't been physical enough. While this year's UCONN squad was far from their best, they were still formidable. Despite being depleted, we played them about as well as could be expected in the regular season. By the AAC title game, we were completely gassed, so that type of performance was expected. Rosters turnover, that is the nature of college athletics, but the coaches need to be the stalwarts. If CJF can have a bounce-back season this upcoming season it will solidify him in my eyes as one of the best coaches in the women's game. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Well, according to Joey Knight, Laksa appears to be seeking to transfer to another school to play ball. Odd. 

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Well, according to Joey Knight, Laksa appears to be seeking to transfer to another school to play ball. Odd. 

Wow. That is disheartening. The narrative changes a bit now imo. That's at least four players transferring out and one maybe walking away altogether since right before the start of last season. Including one of the programs all time best. I'm not sure what all that does or doesn't mean but it's certainly worth noting.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,630
  • Days Won:  3

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 1:16 PM, Boomer said:

Why hasn't she said what that next chapter is?  Or has she and I just missed it.  Will she be pursuing a professional career or start a career as a psychologist?

6 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

Well, now we know why she wasn't sharing her "next chapter"...

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Quick someone buy the FireCJF website.  It will be worth a fortune and you can splash it all over TBP site.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

9 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Quick someone buy the FireCJF website.  It will be worth a fortune and you can splash it all over TBP site.

At least he's been here for more than 2 seasons.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

This shot was taken during this year's WBB Final Four.  My daughter has met Kit numerous times and she has always been very gracious.  This time was no exception.  My daughter was bold and told her to get well soon and please come back for another year.  Kit laughed, thanked her and said she was thinking about it.  

We will always be fans of Kit and USF WBB because of encounters like this one.  

Thanks Kit for some great memories.

Go Bulls!

Kit and Wow.jpg

• Upvote 1