Hi Guest,

Just a note to point out our TBP-initiated drive to raise funds for the Bulls Football IPF - doing our share, and more.  Please consider donating at least $23 to the effort, and passing on to others as well.  You can read more about the project at the link above.  

ipfrenderinside.jpg

Go Bulls!

Thank you,

Brad Brad
  • Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
Sign in to follow this  
flsportsfan83

RIP Steve Duemig

1 minute ago, Mission9 said:

I am sad that I missed that.  I do recall when we got under his skin on social media after Holtz was fired.  I am still waiting for the "bigger problems" that firing Holtz will create.  

Oh man, I had better stop now. 

And didn’t he want some scrub from the Bucs coaching staff tonbe our coach over Holtz? I remember thinking he was crazy...in fact he could have been right. 

He wanted Rich Bisaccia who was a special teams coach for the Chargers (and previously the Bucs).  Funny thing is that Rich is now Gruden's Assistant head coach and Duemig disliked Jon like poison. 

38 minutes ago, E.T. said:

I had a great argument on air with him regarding How Great Leavitt was during this saga.

I have some audio from those days, I might have it.  

He was so off base and wrong, I actually recorded to listen to later.

Looking at his twitter he did give props to USF in the past at times...so maybe in his later years he came around some.

Condolences to his family, wouldn't wish brain cancer on my worst enemy.

I was never a fan of his on-air personality in general, I quit listening to him after about a month of tuning into WDAE. He was very demeaning of those who disagreed with him. I was still to busy jamming out to burnt CDs to hear any of the Leavitt stuff but I could see him being anti-USF.  But, in any case, cancer sucks and it is still sad news when one succumbs to that terrible disease, so RIP. 

Never understood why people think death or illness somehow absolves people of the life they chose to live. Cancer wouldn’t have made Hitler A-ok, dying didn’t make Osama the bees knees, Ted Bundy’s sins weren’t zapped away by old sparky and cancer didn’t kill the legacy that Steve spent his entire life trying to develop. The evil men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones, so let this be for Duemig. Anytime he had an opportunity to pivot or embrace USF he doubled down on ******** on our program  and seemed to enjoy marginalizing  our fanbase and actively trying to harm our growth in the community. 

5A6152C9-781A-4C14-96E8-07DA33C1087D.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Never understood why people think death or illness somehow absolves people of the life they chose to live. Cancer wouldn’t have made Hitler A-ok, dying didn’t make Osama the bees knees, Ted Bundy’s sins weren’t zapped away by old sparky and cancer didn’t kill the legacy that Steve spent his entire life trying to develop. The evil men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones, so let this be for Duemig. Anytime he had an opportunity to pivot or embrace USF he doubled down on ******** on our program  and seemed to enjoy marginalizing  our fanbase and actively trying to harm our growth in the community. 

Friggin country has gone soft...😎

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

DUIMEG was a jerk who always talked bad about USF and really didn't know much of anything. I remember when he kept saying the Glazers were going to sell the Bucs. Wrong again DUIMEG. He also always criticized Joe Maddon as not being a good Manager. 

I can't respect anyone who would give so much air time and support to Joel Miller and the other snitches. He was out to destroy Leavitt and USF.

I agree with PUC above. 

Glad I don't have to listen to that disrespectful buffoon any longer.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So what did Steve do that equates to anything your examples did? I'm pretty sure he never even came close to ending someone's life. 

Just now, BrassBulls12 said:

So what did Steve do that equates to anything your examples did? I'm pretty sure he never even came close to ending someone's life. 

Extreme examples are the easiest way to prove insincere pleasantries are not the only way to handle the passing of someone. Did he kill anyone? Not that I know of but he did actively **** on something I care deeply about while bringing nothing of value to my life. If anyone didn’t care for him because the way he treated USF but then accepted his vitriol because he sick there is not a logical reason for that pivot because he certainly never chose to do anything to ingratiate himself to our community. He preached accepting the local team while ******** on us at every turn. He thought CJL was holding us back and needed purged while then thinking CSH was a coach that was better than we deserved and we made a crippling mistake to have sent packing. He blasted people for DUIs to then be arrested for a DUI. His hypocrisy knew no bounds so I suppose it’s only fitting for people negatively effected by his ramblings to feign sadness that he will finally stop actively being hostile to our community. He was a **** 20 years ago. He was a **** 10 years ago. He was a **** that happened to get cancer and now he is a **** that  has happened to have died and will ****  no more.

• Upvote 1