• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CrowdFund:$23 for 23 years of Bulls Football - Build the IPF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Originally I thought this was to be a two step project.  Somewhere in the mix they decided to do it all at once.  It is really tough for USF to raise money for Athletics.  There are only so many rich people that you can go to for the big donations so finding new sources is key.  But it just isn't that easy.  Even if you have wealthy alums they have to have an interest in athletics. Otherwise they give, if they give at all, to the college that they graduated from (Education, Business, Engineering, etc).  We dug deep this year and bumped up our donation level and made a 5 digit donation to the IPF.  For us, that was a huge nut and a one shot deal.  But it is a piddlin amount compared to what they need.  Corporations are another potential source but not sure why they would choose USF.  Some do sponsorships for advertising purposes but I have no clue as to how many are donating just for the sake of donating.

As we are seeing here, there is a set number of people that will donate.  We won't see too many new people step up. So to get to that $10k amount from the Bullspen we'll have to see the same people donate again and again.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I think we'll close the deal with visitors beginning in August.  This is the dead period.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Lots of people holding out for x$ for x_______ this season and x$_______ for a win at O.C.C. The interest this has garnered is great, but from my perspective, why wait? Build the momentum up to the biggest home game in 3 years. Show the team some love. They were operating out of a trailer 15 years ago and have come a long way.

Also, weren’t they going to t break ground at 20 million and phase or finance the rest?

2 hours ago, Brad said:

I think we'll close the deal with visitors beginning in August.  This is the dead period.

You mean like the casual USF fan kicking in to become Bulls Club members?  I like your optimism though.

2 hours ago, George Jenkins said:

Lots of people holding out for x$ for x_______ this season and x$_______ for a win at O.C.C. The interest this has garnered is great, but from my perspective, why wait? Build the momentum up to the biggest home game in 3 years. Show the team some love. They were operating out of a trailer 15 years ago and have come a long way.

Also, weren’t they going to t break ground at 20 million and phase or finance the rest?

I believe this is still true. Don't think we've cracked the $20 million mark yet.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Originally I thought this was to be a two step project.  Somewhere in the mix they decided to do it all at once.  It is really tough for USF to raise money for Athletics.  There are only so many rich people that you can go to for the big donations so finding new sources is key.  But it just isn't that easy.  Even if you have wealthy alums they have to have an interest in athletics. Otherwise they give, if they give at all, to the college that they graduated from (Education, Business, Engineering, etc).  We dug deep this year and bumped up our donation level and made a 5 digit donation to the IPF.  For us, that was a huge nut and a one shot deal.  But it is a piddlin amount compared to what they need.  Corporations are another potential source but not sure why they would choose USF.  Some do sponsorships for advertising purposes but I have no clue as to how many are donating just for the sake of donating.

As we are seeing here, there is a set number of people that will donate.  We won't see too many new people step up. So to get to that $10k amount from the Bullspen we'll have to see the same people donate again and again.  

I get what your saying. Slow funding seems like a good reason to prioritize a certain phase of the plan like the indoor practice field to offset weather, etc then phase in the other segments as possible. Think function. Maybe 3 phases?  You mention professional alumni. Oddly, in recent years I crossed paths with 2 younger Grads of USF. A veterinarian and a physician. Of course I struck up the old rah rah USF conversation with them even took each a USF gift. Neither were in the alumni assoc and neither had any interest in athletics. Basically a real let down. Disappointing actually. Anyway, that's a great thing that you folks were able to do for your university it's appreciated by all of us. 

10 hours ago, BulledOver said:

I get what your saying. Slow funding seems like a good reason to prioritize a certain phase of the plan like the indoor practice field to offset weather, etc then phase in the other segments as possible. Think function. Maybe 3 phases?  You mention professional alumni. Oddly, in recent years I crossed paths with 2 younger Grads of USF. A veterinarian and a physician. Of course I struck up the old rah rah USF conversation with them even took each a USF gift. Neither were in the alumni assoc and neither had any interest in athletics. Basically a real let down. Disappointing actually. Anyway, that's a great thing that you folks were able to do for your university it's appreciated by all of us. 

Just read in today's TBT that FSU is struggling with finances for athletics.  We aren't alone in this. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

24 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Just read in today's TBT that FSU is struggling with finances for athletics.  We aren't alone in this. 

I think I remember something about a facility not being built fast enough was, supposedly, part of Jimbo's leaving ...

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

CCS's thing was the need for the indoor field so they could dodge storms, heat, etc. Also, it has appeal for hiring and recruiting. New offices, lounge, weight rooms. etc could be the next phase. It would provide a solution for what seems like a much needed item first. The plans were great as shown a while ago but, reality is reality "work with what you got". With all the funds expended on the new campus projects and medical building good possibility heavy hitters are maxed out. But, $20mil could do a lot of damage to those plans unless a big chunk of it got eaten up by engineers and site work. Oh well, that's my opinion and not that of management. I doubt MK is going to call for advice. Opinions and Advice I got but $$$ I'm low on...You know what they say about opinions and money talks...   

• Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,575
  • Days Won:  29

On 6/30/2019 at 5:19 PM, CousinRicky said:

Why we need to continue to reach out through social media and gain more members.

Go BULLS !!!

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

Is it football season yet? I sent my $.