• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

It may be because mickey mouse cc does not want to agree to 2 for 1's

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I hear what you are saying, but until we are not in the AAC, 2 for 1's are all we are going to get if we want a respectable schedule

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I don't see a lot of negatives for scheduling 2-1's with Miami, FSU or UF. Or even a pay game with a high profile team like we did with Notre Dame. I didn't really see a lot of value in signing a 2-1 with Louisville. 

The big negative is the hit to your pride/ego for signing a 2-1 or pay game with a school that you want to view as your equal and it potentially makes our home slate of games potentially weak some years. 

However, I think the positives outweigh it. 

• Obviously, if you play the Florida schools, it reduces your travel costs. 
  • The fans want to see these match-ups more so than playing someone like Kansas, Boston College, North Carolina or Wake Forest. They are easy travel games.  
  • The players want to play these games. Many of these guys already know and played against each other previously from their HS days. 
  • The games and players will receive higher visibility on Television assuming both programs aren't in down years. 
  • USF makes money on 2-1 and pay games. 
  • It potentially helps make inroads into these communities with recruiting. 
  • Schools like UF, FSU and Miami don't have a lot of incentive other than visiting fan attendance to play USF because the game potentially would be more competitive than playing a MAC or Sun Belt school. 

At the end of the day, I would rather watch USF play UF or UM versus watching them play someone like Pitt.

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

Ding Ding Ding!

They think they are too good to take 2 for 1s.  They only want to 1 for 1s, which is basically killing their scheduling opportunities......Let them shoot themselves in the foot, doesn't hurt my feelings.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,881
  • Days Won:  33

1 hour ago, TheAccountant said:

I hear what you are saying, but until we are not in the AAC, 2 for 1's are all we are going to get if we want a respectable schedule

We do have a 1 for 1 with NC State 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, usf97 said:

The big negative is the hit to your pride/ego for signing a 2-1 or pay game with a school that you want to view as your equal and it potentially makes our home slate of games potentially weak some years. 

It only hurts your ego if your ego is inflated by grandiose delusional disorder.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,456
  • Days Won:  19

45 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

We do have a 1 for 1 with NC State 

John brings up a good point. 

FSU, Clemson, Miami are schools worthy of a 2 for 1. 

Wake, Ga Tech, Syracuse, Duke, Pitt, Boston College are 1 for 1. 

The  tough part is figuring out where to draw the line: Louisville, NC State, Virginia, Va Tech, UNC and the like, are they 1 for 1 or 2 for 1 schools? Is there a middle ground, like a 5 year deal, with 3 on the road and 2 at home? How about a 3 year deal, 1 in Tampa, 1 on the road, 1 neutral site, but closer to the ACC's home? 

Obviously, I trust the Athletics leadership to make the best decisions on these games to get the best schedule that balances competitiveness, need for home games and financial factors.  

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

6 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

John brings up a good point. 

FSU, Clemson, Miami are schools worthy of a 2 for 1. 

Wake, Ga Tech, Syracuse, Duke, Pitt, Boston College are 1 for 1. 

The  tough part is figuring out where to draw the line: Louisville, NC State, Virginia, Va Tech, UNC and the like, are they 1 for 1 or 2 for 1 schools? Is there a middle ground, like a 5 year deal, with 3 on the road and 2 at home? How about a 3 year deal, 1 in Tampa, 1 on the road, 1 neutral site, but closer to the ACC's home? 

Obviously, I trust the Athletics leadership to make the best decisions on these games to get the best schedule that balances competitiveness, need for home games and financial factors.  

After the TOP schools 1 for 1 is preferred.  

I like the 3 for 2. GREAT idea Mike. Our brass should really push that if the teams we are negotiating with want 2 for 1s. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

10 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

I like the 3 for 2. GREAT idea Mike. Our brass should really push that if the teams we are negotiating with want 2 for 1s. 

The problem with 3 for 2's is that they will be scheduled over a 7 to 10 year period.  With that length of time, cancellations are almost guaranteed.  But I guess if we can negotiate very high buyouts then we're good.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

I don't care if all P5 games are on the road. I like the old @Bull-by-Marriage mantra. "Any time. Any place." Just make the buyout $2 million +. Better to beat them on their turf than ours anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1